Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tuesday Jan 9 Update



Today was a fun day. We went to Hilo and beyond to see a friend of Don’s from high school and college. It was so fun to meet him and his wife. They retired and built a house here in 2003, I think. They took us to a great Mexican restaurant for lunch, so we felt right at home.

It was a long drive there and back, so we’re pretty tired. We did some grocery shopping and Wal-Mart shopping, too. We’re waiting now for our first guests. I’m so excited to have Jo and Sam Emerson from Minneapolis join us! Jo and I are like sisters from the Overseas Brats organization and we both grew up in Japan, though at different bases. Sam and Don have never met, but they’ve heard so much about each other that they feel like they know each other. I’ll get them in some pictures and post them one day soon.

I should have taken pictures today when we were visiting with Don’s friends, but I forgot I even had the camera in the car. It was our first big excursion away from the house and I was so concentrating on remembering when to take my meds that I forgot to relax and enjoy; ugh! I’ve got to get better at that!

I did remember to take some pictures when we headed home. It rained all the way there, so I guess that had me out of photo mode, too. The pictures today are taken from Kohala Mountain Road. One is looking down toward Kona from the lookout point. You can see the big clouds hanging over Kona! Then the other picture is looking toward ‘home’ and you can see Maui peeking through the clouds and the pastureland on each side of the road. I love this drive! That view of Maui is what we see off the back lanai when the clouds break like that. It’s beautiful and a pleasure to enjoy!

I’m feeling fine, and so is Don. God is good to all of us; it’s so wonderful to personally know the painter of the big picture and have Him in our every corner!!!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are both having a great time. Enjoy the time with your friends and remember you are in our thoughts and prayers. Love to you both. B&Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brent and Zelma! We thought of you today when we were at the Old Coast Guard Beach watching whales and great breakers. We missed the sunset because it was too cloudy, but it was still awesome. It felt good to feel like you were there with us. Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures. It makes me feel like I'm right there with yall having a good time. Take care of you, Sissy and give Honeyman a big hug for me.

    I love you
    Princess Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, you're such a doll! I'll sure give Honeyman a hug for you. We'd love it if you could be here with us and we thank God that we can bring you with us in our hearts. Love you lots, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete