Saturday, January 6, 2007

Saturday Jan 6 Update





I haven’t been out to take new pictures, so I’m going to share some pictures we took on our last trip here. This is a hike we will NOT be doing this time. I’m glad that we did it before, but I think I’m smart enough to not go there, again. One of our very favorite spots is Wapio Valley. If you’ve been to the Big Island you’ve seen Wapio Valley. We were able to hike around the TOP of Wapio Valley and get these pictures. It was awesome but pretty scary. I don’t suspect either of us are willing to take the risks involved in that hike, again. Can you see the cut along the top? That’s where we hiked. Some places there was no place to put my hiking stick down and I was just hanging onto the growth on the side of the mountain. It was the dry season then or those places that look like cracks would be waterfalls. I imagine it is way to wet to go there, now, anyway.This next one is looking back down into Wapio Valley, with the ocean in the background. You can see the cut of the hiking trail that we hiked along the side on the right side.

Here is a shot looking down into Wapio Valley from the lookout that most people see.

Here is a shot taken from Wapio Valley looking back up to the mountain side that we had hiked. See the cut out trail along the edge at the very back. That’s me waving.


All is good here! The cows and cats are happy and so are we. We have juice up to our ears and sunshine today! We went to see whales and there they were! It’s a great way to relax. I’m working on sewing Don’s suitcase today; it split open just as he arrived here! I came equipped with a huge sewing needle, fishing line and a thimble, so we’ll get home all in one piece.

Thanks for caring and stopping by to keep up with us. God loves us all, and I love you all, too.







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures MaryJo...just wanted you to know that I'm here reading every single word you write. I may not have much to say..but I'm here. Love you
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, thanks for writing. I THINK you're there, and it gives me encouragement, but when you write I KNOW you're there. I love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete