Thursday, January 25, 2007

Wednesday Jan 24 Update



Today was Old Coast Guard Road Beach day for us. It’s our favorite beach nearby the house. Today was very clear and Maui seemed to be right there with us. Most of the time since we’ve been here this time it has been hidden behind clouds, so it took my breath today and I had to devote a picture to it. Then when we look off to the north we just see water, but the waves crashing against the lava is so exciting!

When the waves weren’t taking our breath the whales were. I don’t know if this is breach week or what, but we saw more breaches than we could keep up with today. I quit counting at 9! The water was so clear and blue, too. We could see rocks under the water that we usually can’t see. It was really such a blessing to be there. We can’t imagine anything more fun unless the whales would come up closer. The waves are close enough!

Don cut the grass everywhere today. This is a pretty big place, and he meant to cut the hard parts out around the fruit trees and the pasture today and then do the yard tomorrow, but he did the whole thing. I edged and trimmed around the trees and the pineapple patch. This was the 5th day in a row that we haven’t had rain during the day. It rained last night, but the day has been gorgeous.

Last night was interesting. At 8 p.m. our electric power went off. We found candles and I called the power company. They told us there had been a wreck on the mountain road above us and this whole end of the island would be out of power for 2 hours while they repaired a pole. It turned out to be 3 ½ hours. I’m still setting clocks that I find with the wrong time. It could have been at a much worse time, but we were ready for bed and it was no problem.

I got an email from Bob today and their daughter’s baby, Ricky, was born yesterday with no complications and he and his Mommy, Serena are doing just fine. Ricky weighed 8 ½ pounds and was 19 ½ inches long. My sister called a while ago to tell me that her daughter, Deanna, delivered her new son this afternoon. He had just been born, so I don’t have any details about weight or name for him. All I can report is that he is fine, as is Deanna. I talked to Gretta and she’s doing well; that’s good. We want to wait for her baby! Trish is doing fine and isn’t expecting her baby until July, so we really want to wait on that one for a while! So, I’m breathing easy on the babies tonight. God is good! Thanks for the baby prayers and for all your prayers on my behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment