Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday Jan 31 Update





You can tell I’m still in Grammy mode. I loved these pretty little geckos who guarded the entrance to the restaurant where we ate breakfast.




This is Davy and Susan as they take off hiking down into Waipio Valley.

This is the grassy patch where Don and I sat watching whales while they were hiking. I love this place!




This is the third day of Kona Winds. They are tremendous! Davy and Susan hiked down into Pololu Valley this morning while Don cleaned up the yard from the fallen limbs and citrus. I have buckets of grapefruit that I can’t give away or eat. At home I know they are costing $1.50 and I’ve got more than even the cows will eat!

After they hiked Pololu, they came home and we had lunch before taking out to hike out to the lighthouse. The folks who have been here have seen the lighthouse from the favorite hike, but Davy and Susan are the first to go out there with us. Davy said the next time he comes he’s getting a 4 wheel drive vehicle; that would cut down the hiking time and energy a LOT! They are great troopers, though; not a wimpy bone in them. (No old bones, either.)

The winds are tough, but the weather is nice, otherwise. It’s in the 80’s and sunny. After the lighthouse we went to a nearby beach where we often watch whales and watched waves instead. The only whale we saw today was breaching at the lighthouse. It’s too rough to distinguish their splashes and spouts from the white caps. The sail boat that has been anchored the whole time Don has been her was crashed up on the lava today! It’s anchor gave way to the waves, I guess. Jo and Sam, you’d be as shocked as we were. I’m sure you have pictures of that boat. Well, it is no more.

I’m getting this done early tonight. I’ve got to go to bed early. I only had about 2 hours sleep last night since I was working on the My Baby Charm site and I got up at 4:30 this morning to work with Trish and a lady in California to be sure we got a shipment to her in time. I got a nap this morning while Don worked in the yard, but I’m going to sleep like a brick tonight.

Love you all. Praise God for all His loving generosity and grace with us.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Grammy!

    I am 1 week old today and doing just great. I was a little scared at first, but I am getting used to my mommy and daddy now and my big brothers are really cool guys. They like to hold me and talk to me too!

    I hear so much about you and I can't wait to meet you and Uncle Poppy. By the way, don't worry about the hair thing, because God can only make so many perfect heads and the rest he has to cover with hair, so let that perfect head show, Aunt Grammy!!

    I'm not sure what this white stuff is here, but it is cold and my mommy says to think of us while you are at the beach in the warm sun. I guess I'll learn these things pretty soon, huh? Uh oh, I think I need to go see my mommy. Take care and hope to see you soon!

    Love,
    Blake Riley Perry (Can you believe they FINALLY named me????)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Blake Riley Perry! That is the perfect name for you; they had to wait until they knew it fit you just perfectly. Man, there is so much for you to learn, but those bubbas will lead you right. You can trust them. I can hardly wait to meet you and thank you for all the help you've been getting me through all my chamber time. I knew if your Mommy could go through all it took to get you here, then I could stand some heat and being 'tied down' a bit. God is good to all of us and you are a reminder of that! Stay tucked in close to Mommy until you get a little more mobile; that white stuff is slippery and scary until you get as big as Phil and Alex. When you're as big as them you'll know how to have lots of fun with it. Maybe they'll even make a snowman for you if you get enough. Be sweet and sleep all night! Love, Aunt Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am staying out of focus while you have company but I think of you always. You will never know how much I do enjoy your updates and pictures, all of them. They are just unbelievable! I read the comment from Blake Riley and the answer you sent and it made me smile. GOD IS SO GOOD! I can't imagine you with so many grapefruit and her we would love to have just one a day!! Two would be better. ha Just keep up having fun and entertaining Loved Ones!! Know we all love you and remember you all in every prayer! We Love You
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dot, thanks so much for keeping up with us and keeping us in your prayers. I have come to feel so close to you through this blog and through our prayers. I treasure the loving smiles of you and Frazier and it makes me smile to match you both when I think of you. I'll never eat another grapefruit in my life without thinking of you, either. I sure wish I could bring these to you! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete