Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tuesday Jan 23 Update


Today was beach day for us, again. These pictures are from Hapuna Beach, again; the same as the other day. Today I took the first picture to show you the umbrellas on the beach for the paying customers at the Prince Hotel. They pay around $300 a day for just a regular room there, but they get umbrellas. J No telling what all they get for that. By law they have to provide public access to the beach, so the rest of the folks are staying or live somewhere else. We are so lucky to have a house sitting opportunity. At $300 a day we could never come here!

The next picture is of a whale splashing way out from the beach. Look right in the middle of the picture and you’ll see the splash on the horizon. Imagine how big that splash is for us to see it from that far! We were just walking along the beach and we looked out and saw the splash. We stood there and watched for a while and saw 8 breaches! We couldn’t believe it. Breaching is when they jump up to where 2/3 or more of their body is out of the water. We don’t know if it was the same whale doing it over and over, or if it was a pod of them breaching. It was sure spectacular to see, though. We’ve seen some blows at Hapuna Beach before, but it’s too far away to see the tail and humps, which is what we usually see after a blow. The breaches were awesome, though. Breaches are not so common to see. I got another picture that looks just like this one. I was trying hard to get a breach, and they were trying hard to help me, but a digital camera just doesn’t work that fast . . . neither do I! Ha.

I’ve got to tell you Don’s latest funny remark. Yesterday I brushed Iki, the inside cat really good. I got about 3 hands full of cat hair off of her and it looked a pretty gray. I showed it to Don and he said, “Do you think you can use it?” What a sense of humor. J My wig came in the mail today. I can’t imagine that I will ever wear it any more than I could use Iki’s hair. I put it on and it looks like a goofy hat. I think for sure I’d rather be bald or wear a baseball cap or a scarf. We’ll see. So far I think I still have more hair than my mom had. I can tell it feels thinner and it doesn’t take nearly as long to dry, but I think there is enough for now. I really am shedding worse than the cat; I must have had a lot of hair! Maybe the wig AND a baseball cap would work? We’ll see.

Another funny thing for you to imagine is me getting into the hammock. I should look on the Internet and see if there is a right way to do that. It’s a wonder I haven’t flipped myself off that thing. It’s a pretty tricky maneuver and then just about when I get settled Hehe jumps up there with me and sends us swinging. He must weigh about 20 pounds. He wanders around a bit and then jumps off, which sends me swinging, again. The cows must think it’s a comedy. I’m glad Don doesn’t have a video camera! It must be good for me because it’s sort of like an E ticket ride at Disney World; I don’t scream, but I laugh a lot. That shows you how easy it is to entertain me these days!

I haven’t heard from Bob or Dee about Serena and her baby, but we’re taking no news as good news. The last I heard from my sister, her Deanna was about to be induced after waiting for the doctor all day. By tomorrow I should have some announcements to make. Thank you for your love and prayers. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Guys!
    Absolutely adore each day's update and so appreciate all the effort you ALL put into it. To have a friend, you have to be a friend, and there is no one better to her friends than MaryJo Hodge Shnell! AND DON, of course! "Honeyman" is an appropriate name, not be be confused with honeypot and the smells THAT conjures up! You did hit him when he suggested you whip up a wig from cat hair, didn't you??? I'm so glad you are 'puter literate and devote time each day to share the wealth. Love the pictures and health updates.
    With all the new babies, here's an idea. I read about it in Reader's Digest that the White House will send birth greetings to new babies from the President. I know, President Bush isn't too popular right now, but every kid's baby book needs a little history to get started. www.whitehouse.gov/contact will get you an e-mail to send your request with all the information. Or, you can send a post card to The White House, Greetings Office, Washington, D.C. 20502-0039. It is also for wedding greetings, anniversary wishes for people married over 50 years, and birthdays for those over 80. I'm going to request one for my Aunt Mabel in Ponca City who will turn 81 in February. Sure HOPE it works!
    We are going to win the $450 million dollar PowerBall lottery tonight and come see you in Hawaii. Don't make any special arrangements because we'll all stay in the $300.00 a night rooms and each have our own umbrella! See you soon!! Love, B&S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, you are too much! Thanks for keeping up with us, but our daughter gets all the credit for getting it out to the net. I just send the stuff to her.

    Thanks for the idea about the greetings from the president, too. I'm so excited about your winning the lottery and our next trip to the Pince with it; umbrellas and all! I'll bet they even furnish ladybugs; there was one HERE yesterday and I thought of you! We have good memories, don't we?

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete