Saturday, January 27, 2007

Friday Jan 26 Update



Today we spent getting as many chores done ahead as possible so that we can spend the next three weeks enjoying company. So, the pictures you see today are from yesterday’s adventure.

The first picture is the sidewalk up to the gate of a private property that borders on the little beach we found. I think it is so picturesque! We could see the roof when we got off in the distance, but we could never see any of the house. They must have a great view of whales!!!

The next picture is another little delight of mine. It’s hard to see, but if you look closely you’ll see a little sand crab. They scurry all over and they are really hard to capture on film, but this one was running back to his hole and Don stood in his way so I could get his picture before he disappeared into his hole. I’m so easy to please, but I was THRILLED to get this picture! I know our grandkids would have loved chasing these crabs!

The last picture is looking down the hiking trail. Doesn’t that look like something out of a storybook or movie? It’s right here on our stage! I was really wishing all the grandkids could go on that hike, too. It was way fun!

This morning when we went to get the mail, we also went by a beach to watch for whales and gather some sunshine for a while. We saw lots of spouts, but precious few humps and tails. We enjoyed being outside in the fresh air, but we were talking about if we brought company to see the whales and this is all they saw, they’d be disappointed. Then we got into the car and turned on the engine when one breached right out in front of us. It was far out there, but we could see it. I grabbed the binoculars and watched. There were at least two of them, and they just kept on, like they didn’t want us to go home disappointed. We lost count of how many times they breached but it was more than a dozen. God is so good; He does everything in such abundance! He’s painting the big picture of our lives and He is taking care of us. What a blessing! I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jo! This trail has my name all over it!! If I ever get there me and "Mystic" will have to do this! ("Mystic" is my cane...better name than "my stick"!) How neat the whales finally performed, but I wouldn't care if I only saw spouts!! I'm like you...doesn't take much to please me! I've really enjoyed "catching up"....the pictures are so georgeous as usual ad what fun this trip has been for me even if I never made it!!

    I love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, it is a wonderful hike for you and Mystic! We can go in from Spencer Park and it'll be an easier hike because we won't have the rugged hike down to this trail. We don't have to get a parking pass for Spencer Park, either. If we can come again in December or January, I'm sure we can find spouts. I read that there are between three and ten thousand whales out there. No wonder we see them so easily! It's been fun to share this trip. I wish you could have come along, but at least you could enjoy it this way and it's been a preview to the next time! I love you, too, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete