Friday, January 19, 2007

Thursday Jan 18 Update




Today was sort of re-group day. I did the laundry, changed the sheets and that kind of thing. We did go watch whales and had a spectacular show. We can’t get over that the whales just live out there and we can always go see them. Sometimes we have to wait 10 minutes before they appear, but they always do. We think it’s so cool.

I got the second picture today. It’s Stewie with his helpers. See those three egrets flying away? They were there eating the flies that hang around Zoe and Stewie. Isn’t it great how God provides! Stewie was a little hacked with me for scaring off his helpers. Not only that; I had the bucket, but it wasn’t for him!!! It was for Don to sit on so I could give him a haircut. The last haircut Don had was in the bathroom of the hotel in Tijuana, so he really needed a haircut. That was some more of the re-grouping we did. Oh, I should have taken a picture of Don with the haircut! He’s always anxious to head for the shower after a haircut, so I’ll get one tomorrow.

The first picture is of the kitchen, here. The display on my camera isn’t working, so I took that picture the other night when I was working to figure out what’s happening with the camera. I thought it was pretty good, and you might like to see where I spend a lot of my Hawaii time. It’s a great kitchen.

The last picture is a great place, I think. The end of the road up here is Palolu Valley and lookout. There is a house near the end where the folks have this little table with water and cups for folks who are thirsty. They don’t ask for a donation or anything; they are just hospitable. I think that is so cool, because there is no place around for folks to buy a soda or water. If they go down to the valley they are very likely to have run out of water and need a drink. I just love it.

I love that you check in on us, too. Thanks for caring! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Still lovin the pics and wish we were there. Oklahoma is like the frozen tundra and maybe 10 inches of snow coming tonight and tomorrow. You both are looking nice and tan. You're always in our thoughts and prayers and we love you both. Have fun with Davey and his wife. Happy Birthday to Don (just in case I miss it later). B & Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you've got me on the guilt trip. I hate that you have this weather to manage, but I'm really so glad we can miss it! Thanks for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers! We can hardly wait for Davy and Susan to get here. It's going to be a great birthday celebration. Wish you could be here, too. We think of you as we do things we know you did. The whales are so much fun!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete