Sunday, January 21, 2007

Saturday Jan 20 Update




Today was a beautiful day right here at the house! It never rained at all and it’s the first day since I’ve been here that there hasn’t been at least a shower! So, we worked in the yard to earn our keep, here. J

The first picture is Don taking a breather from edging the driveway. Notice Hehe was coming into the bottom of the picture to inspect his work. I came along behind him and raked up the mess. Hehe thought the raking was all about him; he loves to be raked. So, the next picture is Hehe getting raked.

The last picture is my hammock ‘treatment.’ Notice the phone on my shirt; I get the best coverage for the phone in the Hammock.

We went to the post office and the banyan tree this morning. The banyan tree is this area in town right across from the post office where there is a huge banyan tree in a big ‘yard.’ I guess it belongs to the town. Anyway, on Saturday morning people who want to sell things, go there and spread out their wares: new, used, local fruits, etc. There is even a Thai food stand and they set up tables and chairs for folks to sit and eat. We got some dried pineapples and bananas; YUM! The banyan tree is the happening place on Saturday mornings. I love to go there.

After the banyan tree event, we went to watch whales. I’m still just shaking my head at how awesome that is. We so love the whales and the beautiful water! Everyone have a good weekend and remember I love you and thank you for caring enough to check on us! God bless!

6 comments:

  1. "Thank you for caring enough to check on us???" I wouldn't miss my daily "trip" for anything!! I love the pictures of all the beauty surrounding you and getting a glimpse of you both is priceless!
    (It's also nice to know Don has a license to operate the edger....we may need some help when you come here! Hopefully we will have all the leaves up so you are ok! ) Thanks for your loyalty of daily reports and pictures so we can share God's beauty of Hawaii right along with you!

    Love you "Little One"!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jo! I must tell you that I can't wait for each new day to check the Blog! We are really enjoying the pictures and dialogue. Thanks! I hope it doesn't take too much of your rest time. (Don, how long is that driveway?!) See you in 13 days. Got your email. Plan to study all emails to be sure we pack correctly. Thanks so much for everything. XO Linda Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie, the least we can do is share this experience by emails. Some people were in a position to jump at the opportunity to join us, and we're so glad we can share with them, too. The rest can enjoy by email at least. I know that lots of people are very concerned about my welfare and how Don is managing with his concern for my health. I appreciate so much everyone's prayers and concern. The least I can do is keep them up to date.

    There is little change with me. My lumps seem to continue to go in the right direction; that is smaller and softer. I feel good; I can tell I've got strong stuff in my body because my stomach feels wired sometimes. That gives me hope that it's wiring the cancer, too. I still have enough hair that I haven't had any anxiety over the wig not arriving, yet. My goal is to avoid anxiety, so I'm not giving into that goal over hair loss. My biggest stress these days is figuring out when to take my meds; you know, I don't pay much attention to time and it's important, now. My cell phone has an alarm, so it's my keeper, these days.

    It's good to know you are keeping up with me and it's not just my imagination that I have you here with me! Thanks for being the best big sister in the world.

    I love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, whatever you bring will be fine. Just pack light. We wash nearly every day, so if you've got one right thing you can wear it over and over. :) The main thing is to get here. Sam and Jo got here without their luggage for a couple of days, so put your toothbrush and any meds you need in your carry on bag. We can probably cover everything else, and there is always the Salvation Army Thrift store in a push. (Actually, I love it!)

    The driveway is a couple of miles long (just seems like that when you're edging), but it won't be more than Tom can handle. :)

    I hope you all like grapefruit juice. I'm doing my best to drink it; Don only likes the orange juice, so he's no help in the grapefruit juice area. He makes up for it in feeding the cats and cows and doing the yard work. I figure the least I can do is juice and drink.

    Can't wait to see you!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO Jo and Don, I have to add his name too because you both are so close. What would be do without our husbands and of course husbands without you wives. I sure do enjoy and appreciate the pictures you send. They are so Beautiful. I actually feel like I have been to Hawaii. I always wanted to go there but never expected to so haven't been disappointed there. I enjoy your newsy Updates too. It is just great to have a great place to heal! I saw the picture of HeHe and thought what is that cat doing stretched out like that. ha. He was enjoying it. ha I know your Big? Sister is one of the greatest! For sure she and Phil are the most loving and thoughtful two that I ever knew!! Thanks for the e-mail about the little boy. That was so so sad!! Take care and keep having fun!! God Bless You Both.
    We Love You
    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, there, Dot and Frazier. It's so good to hear from you. Ruthie said Frazier has been sick and is healing from cataract surgery, so, I hope he's had a good day.

    Absolutely we need those other halves! I don't know how I would manage without Don through this cancer experience. God knows how to best make His plan work; we just have to follow His lead.

    Take care of you two and keep enjoying our trip to Hawaii. We love having you along with us!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete