Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Monday Jan8 Update




Okay, now you’re going to know how little it takes to excite me. That first picture is some fisherman showing me what he called the Tyrannosaurus of the ocean. He’s a little pink fish about as long as that guy’s index finger, but look at the TEETH on him! I wouldn’t want to run into his daddy! I thought it was too cool, so this picture is for my grandsons!

The next picture is of a black crab on the black lava. Look close; he’s right in the middle of the picture sitting in a puddle of water. It’s so wild to walk along on the lava and it sort of looks like it’s moving; then you realize it’s a crab, which IS moving. I think they’re cool. Two years ago when we were here, one of our grandsons came and he and I enjoyed watching these black crabs on the lava.

The last picture is the hump of a whale. You’ll see the dirty places on my lens; it’s right under that. I cleaned off the lens when we got back to the house, so I hope that won’t be in any more pictures. We went whale watching today and saw another great show. I kept thinking that surely I could get a good picture. I called Gretta and told her about it and she said I should get a video camera. Right. We have the same VCR we had when she was at home (she’s 34) and neither one of us know how to run it very well. The last thing we need is a camera that takes videos. That would be the thing to get these whales in action, though. First we see their spout, so we know they’re about to appear. Sure enough, then out comes the hump, and then the tail. It’s so cool to watch. Sometimes we get a good long view of the hump or the tail. Sometimes they stand up nearly; that’s called a breech. We haven’t seen a breech among these whales yet, and I doubt if I could catch it with the camera, anyway. I was pleased to get this shot of the hump of one, today. You’re probably thinking, “That’s the big whale deal???” It doesn’t look like much here, but it’s sure fun for us! It made our day.

Tomorrow we’re going to Hilo to meet with Don’s friend from high school and college days. He retired here. Then in the evening our friends from Minneapolis are coming to be here for a few days. We’re excited about tomorrow and the next few days.

I continue to do well. Don is fine. The cows didn’t like the skins of the grapefruit after I juiced. Go figure. I love you all. Thanks for caring and checking on us. God is taking good care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment