Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Monday Jan 15 Update




Here are pictures of Don and I just as you go into the lava tube; Jo and I sitting on a big hunk of lava that had a tree growing out of it (an awesome example of what God can do); and, finally, a picture of where the lava ran over the road.

Of course there were lots more pictures from today, but these were the best ones. It was a long day and we are all tired. The rest are in bed, and I’m headed there. Sam has done an awesome job of driving; I know he’s really tired. Bless his heart; he’s 6’3” and we are in a Grand Prix. You’d think that would be big enough, but we were joking about getting a can opener and a shoe horn to get him in and out of the car.

Tomorrow we’re taking a day to stay here and do chores and they’re going to go check out a resort for their daughter’s honeymoon and see about doing some golfing. My chores will be centered around the hammock, so I’m hoping it won’t rain me out!

Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Sissy....It must have gotten a little cooler. Y'all are wearing long pants. Were there spots where you could feel any warmth from the lava. I thought the pictures were amazing. Keep 'em coming. You are ever present in my mind, Sissy. Praise God for His rich blessings and amazing grace. I love you so much.
    Princess Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Terri, it's cooler up on the mountain. Then we have to stay up there until dark to see the glow of the lava, so it gets cool then, too. If we had gone out to the lava flow we would have surely felt the heat, but we didn't hike out there. That is a treacherous hike, which we did the last time we were here, when we were YOUNGER! :) We could feel heat from the steam vents all over the top of the mountain, too. It's all VERY interesting. You are so right, we are so richly blessed and His amazing grace is such a comfort! Thanks for writing. I've always got you and Mom in my prayers, too. Love, Sissy

    ReplyDelete