Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday Jan 16 Update




Today, we stayed home and did chores around here. Then I got to have my hammock time! That’s the first picture.

The next picture is from yesterday. I was standing on the lava taking a picture of the steam in the distance. That is where the lava is currently running into the water causing the water to turn to steam. You can see Don in the picture walking down to see what kind of waves he could see toward the edge. This is the old lava; no danger of it falling into the ocean, like there is with the newer lava shelf.

The third picture is also from yesterday. We were delighted to find the arch that we had seen pictured, but we had always missed. I wanted a picture of it so badly and took lots of shots, but I was looking into the sun, which causes those white circles. I had no choice; this is the best I could get because there was a wall here to keep me from falling off and if I went anywhere else there was no wall.

Jo and Sam went to Kona to tourist around and go to a Seniors Golf tournament, I think. Sam is a golf pro, so he wanted to see some of their friends, there. We went to the grocery store this morning after we went out and watched whales for a while. The whales are so awesome! We came home and did our chores. Don did all the house sitting chores around here; I just did laundry, cooking, etc. The hammock was the best part of today after watching the whales. J

Thanks so much for keeping an eye on the blog to keep up with us. It helps me so much to not have to give details to so many individuals.

God bless and I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. What, no update today? Don't make me worry about ice storms, or slippery lava, or tsunamis! Hope all is well and you are busy having fun. Want you to know that Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel February edition features the big island of Hawaii. I feel I already know it from your pictures and commentary! Have you had a malasada and seen the statue of King Kamehameha? They say the sand is as soft as flour at Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area for a great foot massage and the sand is black at Kahaluu Beach Park. Imagine you will see it all before you come home. Thinking of you and wishing you well. B&S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures have been outstanding MaryJo...dont' worry about the white spots....Pfffttt...you do what you can. You have done a great job of showing us around....I almost feel like I'm there with you. But then you know how cold it is back here right now..and you know I'm lying.
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax, Susan. We're fine, here. They are freezing in OKC, which is where Trish is with cabin fever, no doubt. They have power, but she's up to her ears with 5 kids and snow. I just checked and they're fine, just swamped.

    The statue of King Kamehameha is right down the road from the town where we are and we see it often. We had malasadas the other times when we were here, but they are not on my approved diet anymore; sugar is the greatest sin. We were at Hapuna Beach park yesterday and I was just saying how good the sand felt on my feet! The sun and water were great, too. Frommer's is right on target, but they still don't know the best places. :)

    Thanks for keeping up with us. Trish will have the sight up to date pretty soon.

    Love you for caring,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, you make me feel better about my pictures, and they you admit you're lying. What will I do with you? :) I love you and wish you could be here with us for real. Love, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete