Monday, January 22, 2007

Sunday Jan 21 Update



Today’s pictures are from the yard. I’ve seen Christmas cactus before, but at best they are green. The first picture is of the Christmas cactus still blooming its heart out. The next picture is some of the many orchids blooming around the house. They are so delicate and beautiful.

This afternoon was my hammock ‘treatment’ as Don was watching football. My phone was recharging, so I didn’t talk to anyone. I wrote postcards, finally. I’m catching up little by little. Don’t hold your breath for a postcard. I forgot my address book, so unless someone has sent mail since we left home, I don’t have their address except for email. We are having a wonderful time here, and we recall all our friends and family, often. We see something and think how we think each of you would like it or respond to it. It’s kind of like we have you all, Gumby size, in the backpack.

BTW, Don is the packhorse that carries the backpack. I used to carry the backpack, but it’s not good for me to have pressure on the right side, so I’m living the easy life these days. He’s doing most all of the chores around here, too. I asked him today what he ate before I got here, and I realized why he’s so glad to do the chores if I’ll do the cooking and washing and housework. Good thing they have a can opener; he might have starved in 10 days. J We’re both doing just fine. Nobody is starving and nobody is overworked. It’s a good share plan and we are fortunate to have this lovely place to heal.

God bless you all! We love you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment