Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tuesday Jan 30 Update

Good morning! I’m just now doing yesterday’s blog report, so I’m running way behind. We went to Waipio Valley yesterday and down into Hilo, so we didn’t get home until late. Then I had some changes to make on our My Baby Charm site to accommodate a customer, so I did that instead of the blog last night. I’ll get this going, though, so Trish can get it up and you all won’t worry about us. Everyone else is still in bed, so I’m watching the sun come up as I type this.

We are absolutely fine. I haven’t had time to download pictures from Waipio Valley and the falls, but I’ll get those done in the next day or two. For today, please enjoy these favorite pictures from around here. This tree house below is not far from the house where we are. I think it is so cute, built in this banyan tree. I wonder if the folks tire of people driving by and taking pictures; at least I refrained from knocking on the door and asking if I could climb up in there. (I was tempted.)

Here is another shot of the tree house as we drive on past it. I think someone was so creative; it looks like something out of a storybook to me.

The other night when we went to the Hilton and got the sunset pictures we also got to watch the dolphins, again. They are so sweet, so I’ve included another picture of one of them standing up for his treat. I guess you can tell by today’s choice of pictures that I’m operating in Grammy mode today.

Yesterday Davy and Susan hiked down into Waipio Valley and back out, so we were very impressed with their youth and stamina! We lounged around at the lookout and watched people and whales. We got to see whales breaching from our position, so we were very content. We were mostly so glad that we WEREN’T doing that hike. We did it 7 years ago when we were younger, so that’s enough for a lifetime for us. It was so funny; I was taking pictures and making sure they had water, etc. I told Don I felt like we were sending a couple of 5 year olds off to kindergarten! They are grown ups and very capable, but I was so concerned for them. They did just fine. We had a beautiful day for touring around the eastern side of the island. It’s common to have rain over there, but there was none and we were thrilled.

The Kona winds were still blowing all day over on this side and still are. We came home after dark, so we could see there were plenty more grapefruit down, but we made it in without picking up all of it. We can get it today. There were some limbs down, too, but no more big branches, yet. More fell during the night, I’m sure. Don and I are staying home today while Davy and Susan go do some more hikes around here. We’re going to be picking up branches and citrus! I’ll get more pictures on for tomorrow. Thanks for caring and I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment