Thursday, September 13, 2007

Chemo #9 went well; only 3 more of these!




Today started early, so I’m writing this and going to bed. It was a great day, though. We got up at 5:30 to get there early for our appointment. My blood tested almost perfect! I only had one low number and it was just a little low, so that was so good. The doctor examined me and he was very happy with how the Taxol has worked. He couldn’t feel the mass in my breast or the node at all! He was pleased that the medication for the peripheral neuropathy has also worked, so he was happy to write a prescription to increase it like I had done at the Houston doctor’s suggestion. With the neuropathy seeming under control we’re all committed to forging ahead at full speed. We only have 3 more of these Taxol treatments!

That was a big relief to us. We went on and did the treatment and it went very well. We got through quicker than ever and got home in the middle of the afternoon. I got to finish off packaging Don’s herbs and vitamins for the next 2 months, so that job is done until I do the next two months. We met David and Dorothy at the Mexican Restaurant to celebrate! That’s always fun; we love spending time with them.

Pictures on the blog today:

1) We thought you might want to see a picture of me getting a chemo treatment, so this one is me sleeping through the treatment. The IV is to my left and is hooked into my PICC line, which is under the blankets.
2) The second one is me waiting for them to hook up the IV. Notice the blankets; the multi-colored one is one a sweet lady who helped us take care of Boone made for me. The other one is one our sweet niece gave to me (and one also to Ruthie) when we were leaving on the road trip to a class reunion in Delaware last summer. She knew we might freeze in the car; little did she know how much I’d use and love that blanket! Thanks, again, Debbie!
3) The hat show continues.

God works in mysterious ways. He is so good to keep up with and provide for the birds and the flowers, so we know he keeps up and provides for us, too. “To Him is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever, Amen”

2 comments:

  1. You look so snuggly and warm under your blanket. I think that's what I would do too....just bundle up and sleep. You get plenty of rest, my sweet Sissy, I love you.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Terri,

    It's always freezing in there, plus I have this cold, bald head. It's the only way to be. They give me 25 mg of benedryl to prevent allergic reactions to the chemo, so in 2 minutes I'm out like a light. So, I don't have a lot of choice. It's a good way to pass the time. Honeyman watches TV.

    Today if Friday, so it's your last day of working sick. I hope you get some rest this weekend and start feeling better and can knock that cough!

    Love,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete