Friday, September 14, 2007

Tired day!




I was awake most of last night. I must have dozed a bit, but mostly I was talking to God. I guess we needed a long talk. I had hot flashes out the wazoo that kept waking me. Plus my toes were really hurting. None of that should have kept me awake, but since I was awake I was very aware of it. I sent an email to the doctor in Houston today reporting those things and her nurse wrote back that the sleeplessness is likely because of the steroids they give me with the chemo. I’m glad to know that there is a reason for it. All my life I’ve slept like a brick, so this laying awake is not in my comfort zone. I finally got up at 5 and have been up all day. The printer quit working, so I’ve been going round and round with it most of the day.

The pictures on the blog are from tonight playing cards. We played cards with Jo Ann and Frank, Jack and Tillie and Joan and Floyd at Floyd’s house. Dorothy and David were at the high school football game and Diana and Bob are on their way to Sherman to spend the weekend with their kids as Bob is leaving Sunday for another month of work in Russia. We missed them all, but the girls beat the guys. That’s why Jo Ann is showing the red 3’s that we got to beat the guys. Frank is trying to cover them. They all said the missed Ruthie and Phil and Terri! Jo Ann and Frank’s grandson, Jacob, is in Iraq and he got a promotion this week! We were celebrating his promotion tonight.

It’s been cool here, so we’ve walked 3 times this week. Don walks everyday, but I can only walk when it’s cool. It’s been great to walk! God blesses us with great weather lots of times. It’ll get hot again next week, but this has been nice. My re-blooming irises are starting to re-bloom! I love it! Thank you, God for making our lives so rich. God bless Jacob and all the other troops who represent our country and work for our freedom. God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment