Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday rest.




Today was rest day for me. After church we went to the Subway (yes, we have one in Hobart!) and got a couple of foot long subs since it was their special today. That made lunch easy! Don went back to the church building for the men’s business meeting and I went to bed for my nap. Naps are so good! The pictures today are:

1) Me before church. Too bad we had the refrigerator behind me the white on the hat and the white flower don’t show up so well. We learn about photography as we go. I’ve got that pose of Grace’s going pretty well. Of course she does it better, but I’m learning.
2) The next one is me after the nap. You can tell I’m still dreamy eyed and barely awake.
3) The last one is Raynie in my lap last week. I’m pretending they’re here and just not awake, yet. We sure miss them!

The neuropathy isn’t responding to the medication, yet. It’s spreading up my fingers. It’ll be interesting to see how it works this week and what adjustments the doctor will make to my treatment. I’ll post as soon as I hear from the doctor in Houston. I’ll call and leave a message tomorrow to add to the email I sent last week. It’s not something I can’t handle; it’s just not any fun.

I should report to you the good news. I think the hair on my legs is gone. That’s way cool. It’s nice to have a break from shaving those legs for a while. The hair on my arm is still long and has staying power, though. Go figure! I have gobs of peach fuzz on my face, as always, too. I wondered if that counted for hair; guess not. Oh! The rest of the good news is that those whiskers or misplaced eyebrows that kept bothering me on my chin haven’t returned. I hope the chemo got them! How cool is that!

Today has been a good restful day. I think I need this from time to time. I don’t think I did anything constructive, but I know the rest was good. God is great to provide a comfortable home, a wonderful bed and friends and family who will give me space but still love me plenty. I am so blessed! Thank you for being a part of my life. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment