Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day!




We took so many pictures; it’s really hard to choose the ones to put onto the blog. Trish and Rob and the kids left this afternoon and they are safely home. We have the house all put back together, so it’s back to quiet and pretty much as regular as it gets around here. Tomorrow we’ll dust and vacuum. Then, I hope someone will come to see us so that we didn’t do it in vain!

We had such a good time with the kids here! I needed an accountant to count the blessings! I forget the numbers, but I know it was way lots! The kids are so fun. They really eat instead of just messing around with the food. I love that! Rob made omelets for breakfast this morning. What a cool son-in-law! Gabe and Mason caught two bullfrogs, but they let them go after holding them hostage for a couple of days Oh, I have to tell you that Gabe brought his guitar and played the most beautiful music all weekend. It’s not rock or hard anything; just beautiful music like you’d hear at a nice restaurant or something. I LOVED it. This is the same kid who catches snakes and frogs. He’s such an interesting personality!

I had a rocker here that needed a good home. Tricia’s rocker has a broken arm, so my rocker wanted to go home with her. The same son-in-law, who made breakfast, secured the rocker to the top of their van. What a guy! He must be Gabe’s dad, huh? (They look like two peas out of a pod, too!) The last picture on today’s blog is their family pulling out of the driveway with the rocker on top of the car. It was too cute a picture to not post!

The first picture is Trish and I enjoying some time with Raynie. Trish has nursed all her other babies. Raynie has a cleft palette, so she can’t nurse and has to have special bottles. It’s a lot of work for Trish because she has to pump to keep her milk coming and to keep plenty for Raynie, but it’s such a joy for the rest of us to get to feed her! We never got to feed any of the other kids, so we’re all having a ball with her. She is gaining weight really well and they expect to meet with the surgery team when she is 6 months old. They’ll do surgery to close her cleft palette so that she won’t have speech problems when she is older. She weighs a little over 9 pounds, now.

The second picture is one of Raynie smiling. She is a really happy baby and smiles a lot, but the camera isn’t fast enough to catch her at it much. I was pretty proud to get this one. Aunt Pamela, she’s wearing one of the outfits you sent to her. Thanks!

We hope your weekend was as blessed as ours! We had a wonderful time. I got good rest. Trish said she was glad to come and see that I’m really doing well. People ask Don all the time if I’m really doing well or if I’m just putting up a front. Of course I put the best pictures on the blog, but I’m really doing well. I’m not putting up any front. When I have problems I will admit them. I aim to not complain because I know that I am richly blessed and I don’t expect this to be easy; it’s my intention to give thanks because I know that God is blessing me whether it’s easy or not. The doctor from Houston called me Friday and we were talking about the next phase of chemo after the next 5 weeks. She said it will be much tougher in that I will experience more nausea, vomiting, and fatigue. (I’ve only experienced fatigue so far.) I’m braced for that. I will admit it when it happens, but believe me; you see it how it is. Thank you for caring! God is great and so are you!

2 comments:

  1. Jo! Rayne is a beautiful doll, with blue eyes too. I was so surprised to read that she will need surgery on her perfect little mouth. I am so glad that Tricia and family got to come see you. What a boost that must be for you and Don! All six children are beautiful! Love you, Linda R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda. We are so proud of all of them. Certainly it was a boost to the end of summer for us! We had so much fun and grasped so many memories to get us through the fall!

    Thanks for keeping up with us!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete