Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday, a play day.



Today was cooler than usual, so I was able to go out and work in the weeds for a couple of hours. I really enjoyed being outside and not worrying about sweating. Maybe it’s because my body runs so cold these days. Don went out and poured sweat. He mowed and pulled lots of weeds, too. Anyway it was good for me. I got a good bath and then a good nap, so I was ready to play cards tonight.

We had a great time and I got ‘my favorite cowboy’ to bring his hat to have our picture made together. This is David, who I speak of so often. His wife is Dorothy and we love them both so much. I’ve pictured Dorothy several times and David gets into the pictures sometimes. I just love that hat on him. He’s such a cool guy. He knows something about everything, but he doesn’t flaunt it. I just pay attention and appreciate how wise and knowledgeable he is. There is not a kinder person in the world, and I don’t know anyone who looks better in a cowboy hat. He would never wear it in the house, except for a picture, either.

So, the pictures on the blog tonight are:

1) Me with my favorite cowboy, David Rule.
2) Rayne in her biggest brother, Nate’s, lap. Nate will be 16 in March; he’s a great big brother. Rayne looks a lot like he did as a baby. Actually, they all look alike!
3) A picture of Rayne when we were trying so hard to get a picture of her smiling. She was enjoying it, and smiling a lot, but I’m not as quick on the click as she is on the smiles. Precious memories for which we give thanks!

I’ve had several emails and calls asking if I’ve heard from the doctor in Houston, yet. I haven’t. In fact I had a return receipt requested on the email and I haven’t gotten that receipt, so she hasn’t even gotten my email, yet. I’m surprised. They are usually very prompt. I imagine I’ll hear from them on Monday. I’ll keep you informed as to what I hear from her and how this neuropathy thing goes. My fingers and toes are really hurting tonight. I found myself cringing whenever someone at the table strummed their fingers on the table as they waited for their turn. We had the tablecloth and pad, so there was no noise, but I thought “Ouch, that must hurt!” My toes feel like I cut all my toenails and got to the quick on each one. I can’t believe how this is happening so quickly. I always put soda in my bath and I dropped the box of soda today, so I had to clean that up; that’s a neuropathy thing. I’d never make a mess like that, knowing I’d have to clean it up! I’m sure glad it wasn’t a pot of beans or something! I’ll be glad for them to make some adjustment this week.

Have a great weekend! Count the blessings; there are so many! Our God is great!

6 comments:

  1. One of the first things I do in the mornings is check your blog because your thankful heart is a good way to see the day. Then I check Peggy's and Emily's. I'm sorry about the neuropathy - I pray it is easily treated when you go back. I love your pictures, especially getting to catch up on your grandkids, and you know, maybe you will make wearing hats in fashion again.
    Love you guys,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Doris! It's so good to hear from you. I'm glad you check the blog and keep up with us. Man, I have so much for which to give thanks!!! I didn't know Emily has a blog; I'll have to get the address from you; I'd love to keep up with them!

    These hats are fun. It will put an end to packing light to take all these hats with me! I don't have to take my hair dryer or shampoo, though. :)

    We miss you guys. Are you coming this way, or hanging close to home? We'll be back there before too long. Time flies!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the neuropathy. We hope and pray that the adjustment they make will start to reverse or at least stablize the effect. It looks like you have some fun friends to spend your time with. Raynie is such a cutie - just like her brothers and sisters!! Take care and remember we love you. B & Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks B&Z for feeling for me. I'm hoping it will improve this week with the medication and adjustments if necessary. I've been so fortunate to have nothing bad before this. It's been 2 months and this is my first problem to my way of thinking. I can still keep putting one foot in front of the other, so that's good.

    I so miss Raynie and her bunch! They spoiled me last weekend. She is such a dolly and does look like a repeat of all the others. They are a precious family; so fun to have them visit.

    We do have Great friends; what a blessing! We have lots of fun in this house and in their homes.

    Come to see us when you can! There are lots of good family memories within these walls!

    Love you!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Jo,

    I’m going to ask Jane if she will talk to a friend who just finished chemotherapy about neuropathy. Mary Jo, there are more than you may know out here who are praying for you and Don.

    Love,

    Gene…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Gene. I sure appreciate your prayers and your search for information for me. I believe I'll be fine. I just handle it better with some knowledge. I'll appreciate any information Jane can find.

    I talked to another Itazuke Alumni today who is just a few months ahead of me on this breast cancer journey. She's Pam Shupe Lyden from the class of '72, I think. Anyway, she's younger than us and was there after we were, but still a Zuke Troop. She said she had a terrible time with the neuropathy when she had Taxol, but she only has a little remaining numbness in her toes. I hope and pray that I can do that well.

    I so appreciate your love and prayers. I return those back your direction!

    Thanks and love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete