Saturday, September 8, 2007

Precious memories make me want to keep the home place.



Don has been watching football today, so I've been a free agent! We joined David and Dorothy for breakfast at the Kozy Diner, and then stopped at another yard sale on the way home. (Got a brand new electric broom to help us do quick clean ups and great for dusting.) By the time we got home I was fading fast, so I took a nap for nearly an hour and a half. I woke up in time to fix a quick lunch and I’ve been doing research on the computer since. (Checking out peripheral neuropathy and reconstruction options.) I did stop to fix a quick supper. Don is so easy to feed; he’s a saint.

I’ve got to do some time on the Power Plate and the Jiggler. That should help with the neuropathy, I think. I did get out and get the weeds that were left sprayed. It feels good to get that job done. It’s hard to spray for weeds because it’s always so windy and if it’s not windy then it’s so hot. I also got my rings, necklace and bracelet cleaned. My body turns everything black, so I have to clean it pretty often. I thought I’d better do it while my fingers will work.

I enjoyed ‘piddling’ around today. Last weekend having the kids here made me realize that we really need to keep this house. It’s so much fun to have them here. We usually don’t have anyone here, and I think we’re crazy to keep a house this big. Then we have them here and I think, “Of course we need this house!” Today I was thinking more about that. If we move to a smaller place I’d have to give up a lot of my ‘stuff,’ too. I don’t like that idea. I’m working to scale down, but I really like my collection of ‘stuff.’ I need to streamline it and get rid of what I will never use, but I so often go dig out something I’ve had for years. It’s me. It’s just who I am. Stuff; that’s me: a collection of stuff. I just need to get rid of the cancer sort of stuff. Ha! Poor Don. I think he’d like to sell this house and be somewhere smaller and he almost had me talked into it. Now I’m backsliding and leaning toward wanting to keep it. There are so many good memories here. I guess if we move we’ll still have the memories, but I love to relive them by living here. The most important thing is to be content; so I’ll be content wherever he takes me.

Pictures on the blog today:

1) Sadie and Mason last weekend.
2) Pop and Mason; Pop is a saint.
3) Our good friends Dorothy and David Rule at a card game, here last March. They count for many of the precious memories in this house. David is my favorite cowboy whether he’s wearing his hat or not. Years ago, when Dorothy married him our mutual good friend told me, “There’s not a better man in Hobart, than David Rule.” We’ve found that to be so true, except we’d stretch it to the whole world as we know it; not just Hobart. He’s the best and Dorothy deserves the best! (Notice the picture and the fish on the wall behind them; my great friend, Mike Buchanan, another real He-man in our lives, did those.)

I thank God for our precious family and friends and the ability to remember and treasure the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment