Sunday, September 30, 2007


Today was another ‘Ouch’ day. That’s okay. We got Subway sandwiches so I didn’t have to tear up salad greens or fork any food. Sandwiches work! Tomorrow will be a better day because I’ve never had more than two ‘Ouch’ days in a row. This week is going to be a great week. The housekeeper comes, so the house will be smiling, again! I’m packing to go to Houston. This week will be the last week of this Taxol round and next Tuesday will be the beginning of the FAC round. Onward we march!

Sidney continues to do better and better. Bless his heart; these days are so tough on his family, but, thankfully, he won’t remember anything about these days. His family will never forget them, though. Hopefully, they will use what they’re learning to help someone else get through days like this. Those of you who have been through a brain injury with a loved one have a clue what I mean. There is not a good way to describe it; you just have to be there. It’s better if you never have to go there, but that’s not real life. It’s like a life with no cancer; you will always know someone with cancer. Let’s brace to support each other in whatever comes that we have to face. It sure makes life better when there are loved ones there to support us through the tough times.

Thank you all for being there to support me. This doesn’t seem so tough, yet, but the tough days are coming. I sure appreciate your support and love!

On the blog today:

1) A picture of my Panioli outfit. Ha! Panioli is a Hawaiian cowboy. That’s a dress I bought in Hawaii and my cowboy hat. My toes were no way wearing shoes, so I had on the Hawaii flip-flops. What a garb! If Bob Dwyer sees this he’ll be embarrassed; pardon me, Bob! In the background is the Mike Buchanan wall (That means something to my Itazuke buddies; that’s all either work of Mike’s or else a memoir from our trip to visit him.)
2) Another picture of me in the Panioli garb. (Tom and Linda, your rose is in the vase with the pink rose. It’s still your rose, it’s just waiting on it’s trip to your house.)

God bless you all. I love you and count you among my most rich of blessings.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing your outfits. Now I'm really moving things in your room to another closet to make room for you to move in. I know you don't want to be here long because you have things to do and places to go, but we're looking forward to your coming. In fact, I was at the grocery store this morning and thinking of things to have on hand. That was easy- hamburgers and beans, hamburgers and beans, hamburgers and beans and Gringos!
    Love you,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! You are so right! We are easy to feed! I hate that you're moving things, though. Everything was perfectly fine for us! We aren't planning to bring much. I think they won't keep us long. (Only if I have trouble and we don't want to go there!!!) Please don't do any big changes!

    We're looking forward to seeing you and the little guys; I'm sure they've grown lots since we were there and we can't wait to see the changes!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in support of every hat until this one! I'm sorry that I haven't been writing much, Elena hasn't let me sleep too well lately so I take all the sleep time I can get, and I find myself reading that blog in a HUGE hurry all the time! The good news is that Elena slept ALL NIGHT until 7:30 this morning!! I was like a brand new person today, my body hasn't slept that long in one stretch for a LONG TIME!!!

    We are counting the days until Branson and I am PRAYING that Joe can come, but it's really probably a "no" since he is staying here for the winter.

    We all love you!

    Jilly, Joe, G, and Elena

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! You don't like my wilted cowboy hat, huh? Not to worry, I won't wear it too much.

    Bless Elena's sweet heart! I guess she figured out how good it feels to get a whole night's sleep, too, huh? Congratulations!

    We're all looking forward to Branson, too! It'll be fun; I sure hope Joe can come, but we'll understand if he can't. I'm so glad he's going to get to winter close to home!

    Love and miss you all,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete