Saturday, September 22, 2007

Updated Elena and a reblooming iris.

Picture on the blog today: It’s Elena with a reblooming iris from our yard. I’m so proud of Elena and the rebloomer! Elena is growing beautifully even without us around to help do the spoiling. She has a big brother and a mom and dad who love her gobs and we miss her gobs. They send us lots of pictures and keep us up to date on her growth, but we still miss being there for this time when she is growing so much. The rebloomers are so inspirational at this time of year. It’s fun in the spring when the irises bloom, but when they bloom at this time of year it’s so refreshing! It looks like spring when it’s 90 degrees outside! If we don’t get a freeze they’ll bloom until after Thanksgiving, and that’s so fun! Even when it’s cool outside, I’ve got fresh irises in the house. I love it!

I had so much pain with the neuropathy last night; Don suggested that I spread the medication out during the day as long as I’m not driving. A side effect of the pills is that they make one sleepy and dizzy. Well, they have me taking all three pills at bedtime, and I suspect it’s so the sleepiness and dizziness won’t bother me. The pain is always so much worse in the evening, like it’s time for the dose, so we thought if we spread it out over the day then it might not be so painful. We were right; taking it during the day does help the pain to not be so acute. However, I was also right in that they had me taking it all at bedtime because of the sleepiness and dizziness. I’m not dizzy, but I am SO sleepy. As soon as I finish this blog, I’m going to take a bath and go to bed. I’ll have to be very careful about spreading the dosage over the day. If I’ve got anything to do I won’t be worth anything, but it’s nice to have the pain eased.

An interesting thing I’m finding is that the scrappy hair that I shaved off my head is growing. I really have to shave my head every week because that scrappy hair is still growing and it feels prickly when I rub my head or pull my sleep caps on and off my head. They must be some really tough hair follicles to be standing up to this chemo! I find that so interesting. I’m glad I didn’t wait for all my hair to fall out before I finally shaved it. I would have been scrappy looking this whole time. Bald is great, but scrappy was depressing!

Today, I sat out at the garage sale with Olya for a couple of hours, so I actually got down to one hat! We quit at noon or I would have probably gone to no hat! It was nice out there, but I was getting warm. I got rid of some stuff that needed to go and some folks went home with some new treasures. It was fun!

God is great! He is so taking care of us and we thank Him! Thank you for keeping up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment