Friday, September 21, 2007

Meet Dorothy and David!



I slept until 4:45 this morning, so that was really good for the night after chemo; usually I lay awake most of the night. This morning I got up and came in and worked on the computer until Don got up and came in for breakfast. I worked all morning on stuff for a garage sale. My neighbor is having a sale and I took a bunch of stuff over there. I sure hope it sells; I’ll be glad to be rid of some stuff and collect some coins!

I got a nap this afternoon, so I had a pretty good day. I also got beans cooked for the next week. That doesn’t seem like a big undertaking, but it is for me. Clean the beans, cook them, and then put them into containers for the freeze. For once I didn’t even let them boil out of the pan!

I even went outside to see the work Joan had done in the gardens. She has them looking great. Of course when you look at someone else’s work, you see what they missed, so I hoed a few weeds; just enough for fun; not enough to sweat! She’d done most of it, anyway. It looked perfect until I came in the house. Then I’m sure the weeds yelled, “She’s in the house; let’s jump up!”

The pictures on the blog today are Dorothy and David. They are two of our very best friends. We play card with them and hang out with them as much as possible because they are such a delight. They are so inspiring to us. David never lets there be a dull moment. He knows so much about everything and he has such a tremendous sense of humor. His classic kind of thing to say is this: My adopted baby sister, Terri, when she first met him asked if he’d lived all his life in Hobart. He replied, “Not, yet.” He keeps us in stitches with dry humor like that. Dorothy is such a delight. She goes around humming, no particular tune; just humming. It makes you feel like she’s in a constant communion with God. Dorothy is the president of the board of directors of our local hospital, so she’s quite the community minded person. She and David know everybody and who owns what farm all over the county. It’s amazing to hang out with them. David has COPD and Dorothy has macular degeneration, but they go right on and keep up with the rest of us as if they don’t have a problem at all. We admire them to no end and thank God every day for their influence and love in our lives. They don’t have a computer, so they’ll never see this, but I’m proud to tell you more about them since I mention them so often. David is my favorite cowboy; you’ve seen them both before, but this is their highlight.

Today is red shirt day; a day to recognize our support of our troops. I thank God for them and for all our friends and family. Thank you for keeping up with us as we go through this treatment and recovery process. God is great and so are you in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment