Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Upped the dose and doing better.




Today is the first day after upping the dosage of my neuropathy medication last night. I took the medication with supper. Then when I went to bed I had no pains in my ankles or legs or wrists. I still had the tingling and the hurting toes and fingers, but I was surprised to not feel the other pain. I hope it means that the medication increase surely could work that rapidly! Today I continue to have had no pains in my ankles and wrists. I hope it lasts through the night!

Tomorrow we go to Lawton for the 9th Taxol treatment. I hope the doctor in Lawton agrees with what we’ve done with the advice from the doctor in Houston. I don’t want to be caught between two doctors!

I spent today throwing herbs (and vitamins) for Don for the next 2 months. I cut mine off a couple of months ago because the doctor didn’t want to risk anything conflicting with the chemotherapy. It was easier to do it than fight with her and I didn’t want to fight the person I was looking to for answers. But, Don had run out of his, so it was time to throw them again. It was hard to do with fumbling fingers, but with a few spills I got a bunch done. I threw them for 60 days, but, now, I’ve got to package them. I hope I can finish that before I go to bed tonight.

It was cool again today, so I got to walk today, too. After the walk and breakfast I had my nap, so I’m good, today!

The pictures on the blog today:

1) Me on August 25th, modeling what was a new hat then, but I’ve worn it lots since. I decorated it with a bead necklace that Grace made for me.
2) Me on Sept 1st, enjoying feeding sweet Raynie.
3) Me last night modeling the sleep cap that keeps me warm instead of 4 little caps. This one is actually a winter hat, but it sure sleeps warm and I never could wear it in the winter because it wrecked my hair and left it a static mess, anyway. It’ll be my first gift to the next person I know who gets breast cancer. I’d like to think that would be nobody, but I know too many women to believe that nobody I know will ever get breast cancer.

Where do you put over 20 hats? I’ve got to figure that out before the housekeeper comes next week! The pile I’ve got going isn’t going to work. God is so good to give me 20+ hats, a house to need help keeping and even a housekeeper and a husband who is willing to pay her! He gives me all this to get me through these lessons. I give thanks! Besides those material things, He’s given me great supportive family and friends and doctors to do the work of helping me to beat this cancer. How great is our God!

4 comments:

  1. Mary Jo,

    Let us pray the new medication works and you are as beautiful as ever.

    Gene…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving the hats. I was at Wal-Mart today and saw some really cute winter hats....I wanted to buy one for you but was afraid you may have too many already. Know that I'm thinking about you as always and I love you.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Gene; flattery will get you everywhere! Thank you!

    Thank you for your prayers, too. The neuropathy is better. Today has been much less tingly and the pains have not been in my wrists or ankles for the last two nights that I increased the medication! PTL!

    The doctor was very pleased today and he said, "We're going to finish these Taxol treatments." I was glad to hear that, so here we go!

    Thanks so much for your love, prayers, and encouraging words.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, you're such a doll. I think I have plenty of hats. It's over 20. I'm not caring if they're for the right season or not. Hey, I just want my head warm. I'll probably wear whatever hat I want and then wrap hat and all in a winter scarf whenever I go outside. I may not even be going outside by the time winter gets here; likely not to much because I'll be working hard to avoid cooties and bugs.

    You're so sweet to be thinkging of me and always loving me! All that right back to you, you know!

    Love,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete