Sunday, September 23, 2007

No weeds; clean house!



I’m going to do the blog today before I start taking my gabapentin for the neuropathy. I’m counting down the days until I’m done taking Taxol, now! 11 days from now is my last Taxol treatment. Then, I’m hoping this neuropathy thing will begin to diminish. The FAC (next kind of chemo) might aggravate it, but I hope not. I chatted with a girl online the other night who told me it would begin to get better as soon as I quit taking Taxol. I’m ready for it to get better!

Today we went to a play in town because our neighbor, Sonia was in it. She did a great job, but I missed my nap; well I got a 10-minute nap. We came home from the play and I jumped into bed, but just as I got to sleep the doorbell rang. It was our neighbor returning a table and chairs we had given them and they never used. I got up to fix a place to put it, so I’ll go to bed early tonight. That’ll work because I’m going to start taking the gabapentin and it will make me really sleepy. God works everything out for the best for all who love Him, so it’ll work.

The pictures on the blog are all me, today. You can see I’m still smiling. Two weeks from tomorrow and we’ll be headed for Houston, so that’s a thing about which to smile! We’re approaching the next step in this whole adventure. I’ll be glad to see if I can handle the FAC well enough to go to Branson between treatments! I really want to do that, so I hope I can do it.

Trish does our cell phone plans and she got our new plan for the next two years today. We’re going with T-mobile, so our contract with Cingular is over. I didn’t do that much talking with Cingular people, but we’ll have to do as much talking after 9 and on weekends as possible, but we can still talk whenever necessary. Dorothy and David are in OKC today, so they picked up our phones from Trish and will bring them to us tomorrow. I’ll spend Tuesday figuring out the new phones, I guess. I may not have phone service until Tuesday, so if you need to call me, you might call the house if the cell phone doesn’t work.

God is great to work things out for us. I’m so pleased with a yard that looks great (notice no weeds in the picture, thanks to Joan) and a house that is clean, thanks to a wonderful housekeeper. I’m so pleased to be able to find good people to help us when we can’t help ourselves. I’m so grateful for Trish to figure out the cell phone service and share a family plan with us. My number will remain the same, by the way, and we’re getting a phone for Don this time, too. We are so blessed! You be blessed, too! I love you all.


4 comments:

  1. What are the names of the trees that are blooming in your yard. I have a lot of the fall flowers (sedums, mums, etc.) blooming in my garden here in Illinois but no blooms on any of the trees. All that rain you had must have confused your trees and plants! Trees that bloom in the Fall is amazing to me. Your garden must be like you, it just blooms year round! You look really good. Love, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, what a boost to hear from you! Those are crepe myrtles blooming. They are just about done, but it's still summer, here! You forget how Oklahoma stays warm nearly until Thanksgiving. The crepe myrtles will quit soon; they're on their last lap. Thanks for the happy words! Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sissy....my goodness you look so beautiful in your pictures today. I love the hat. That is so sweet of Joan to be taking care of the weeds for you. She really is a precious friend. Take care of you, my beloved Sissy. Love you, T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sis! I'm so glad you're feeling better, but that cough concerns me. All your friends on chemo will be running from you! HA! That's what I do when someone coughs: run the other direction! You never know when someone is contageous (I can't even spell it!), so we run to be safe.

    Thanks for keeping up with us. The hats are pretty fun.

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete