Monday, September 10, 2007

Meet Dot and Frazier




Today has been another rest day. I think my body is demanding rest; must be the chemo taking its toll. I took a 2-hour nap this morning. I’m embarrassed to admit that I sleep that long, but it’s the truth and I’m no good at hiding facts. I’ve power plated and Jiggled today, hoping to help the neuropathy. I can’t tell that anything is helping, so I fully expect the doctor to cut back on my Taxol this week. I can only cooperate. My initial response is that I don’t want to cut back on the cancer attack, but I don’t want to let this neuropathy get ahead of me, either. I’ll do what they say.

It's my pleasure to introduce Dot and Frazier tonight. They are a precious couple who went to church with us when we lived in Tennessee. They are good friends with my sister Ruthie and her husband, Phil, and they keep up with us like family through this blog. Dot is so sweet to post from time to time. Her daughter was sweet to share pictures with us so that I could make this introduction. As her daughter said, Dot is exactly like the first picture; a ray of sunshine. She is like that EVERY time you see her. The next picture is exactly how Dot and Frazier look around the house. The last picture is their Christmas picture. What a precious couple they are; you can tell they are so delightful to know and love. Now, when you see a post from Dot and Frazier, you’ll have their smiling faces to go with their words of encouragement.

Dot, I know you’re reading this. Phil called and told me about Ruthie, so we know to include them in our prayers. To the rest of you; Ruthie fell and couldn’t get up (sometime in the past, when I can’t get straight); she’s very weak and can’t walk without help. Phil has her in Jackson at the ER running all kinds of tests as I write this. Ruthie has MS, so this could be an MS thing, but they are testing her for anything else it could be. Thanks for including her and Phil in your prayers!

I’m still feeling good. The neuropathy isn’t a horrible thing unless it gets to my wrists and ankles, which it has not. I have to learn to be careful and wear gloves, etc. I’m so lousy at being careful. God knows I need this lesson. I will cooperate with Him, too. I hired a lady to keep the weeds out of my garden today. That was a big step for me. I’m slow, but I’m getting there. Soon I will hire someone to help with the house cleaning. It’s on my to-do list. (Don will be so glad to be relieved!!!)

Thanks for keeping an eye on us and for keeping us in your prayers. God listens and is so great! I thank Him for you.

2 comments:

  1. Mary Jo,

    Don’t feel bad about sleeping. Yesterday was terrible for me with mini-seizures, headaches, and practically sleeping off and on until 3:20 this morning. Jane called my neurologist today. The answer she got, “Jane, we have done everything that can be done. It is the disease working on him and he will have good days and bad days.” Make’s one feel good, doesn’t it? I hope you get to feeling better but now I’ve got to head back to bed…

    Love,

    Gene…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene, thanks for your encouraging words. I guess we have to sleep all we need, huh? Hopefully that will make us stronger for the good days. Maybe they've done everything they can do, but they can't control our God. God will do as He thinks best with you and me. I count on Him and I know that you do, too. That's good enough for me.

    Thanks for your support!

    Love and prayers,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete