Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rebloomers!

Today was a bad day for fingers and toes. Good thing I didn’t have to get anything done except work on time with the timeshares. I spent most of the day working out our holiday plans. I’ve got a tentative plan made for one week. Ha! I’ll have to see how I do with the next round of chemo before I see if we can use some other weeks. I’m sure hoping that my chemo can go without delays and then we can get right on with the surgery and get home in time for spring break. Next year I have a reunion and Don has two reunions to make. Besides that we love to do our family reunion, plus we wanted to do a cruise to Alaska. I don’t know if we can do all that or not, but we’re going to aim for it all.

I don’t know why some days are worse or better than others with the fingers and toes. Yesterday was a pretty good day. Today was tough. They did give me pain medication, but I don’t want to take that until the pain gets to where I can’t take it. I call that a 10. Today it was about 9, so I’m close. Medications usually hit me pretty hard, so I imagine the painkiller will wipe me out and I don’t want to go there. So, I’m doing my best to hang tough with the hurting fingers and toes. I’m going to take the gabapentin (medication for the neuropathy) and go to bed early. That gets me out of my misery. J

The picture on the blog tonight is today’s cutting of reblooming irises with a second picture of Elena. Those blue eyes are grabbers, aren’t they? They grab me when I’m standing at the kitchen sink admiring her.

I was supposed to figure out how to use the cell phone today. I did figure some of it, but I can see it’s going to take me a while to get it down. I know how to dial and I’ve saved a few numbers. I’m sure glad I don’t have to do this every week! At least I memorized Don’s number, so I can call him!

God blesses us so much. I am so grateful for the rebloomers. Actually, Elena and Raynie are like rebloomers because we sure didn’t expect more babies, but they thrilled us this year! 15 grandkids! 13 were blessings galore, but we’ve been over-blessed with two more who dropped out of heaven when we thought we had all the kids we would have. God has a way of teaching us not to THINK that we know how to THINK! I’m so glad that He’s in control of counting the hairs on our heads (He even counts my stubble!) as well as all the grandkids. I know He’s responsible for letting the chemo take the hair off my legs, too! I’m amazed that I still have eyebrows and hairs on my arms, but He knew I didn’t have to shave those and a nick from a razor could be catastrophic! Count the blessings with me; I know He’s working in your life, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment