Saturday, September 15, 2007

Oops! A loose stitch!


Today has been good. I slept like a brick last night. We got up and met the canasta crew for breakfast and I came home and went back to bed for my nap. I did a little work on the computer today and then we played canasta here tonight. We can’t seem to get enough of it. Well Don had enough; he watched football (He can’t get enough of that!) and our neighbor, Hazel, came over and played in his place. She’s too good; the guys beat us tonight! Ha! We changed my bandage after everyone left and he’s still watching football. We noticed that one of my sutures came loose, so I’ll have to be very careful with my PICC until we get to the doctor’s office on Thursday and they’ll replace it or else let them replace it at the hospital. I’m not looking forward to anyone replacing it, but it has to be replaced. Probably they’ll numb it locally. Ick; I hate complications, but I guess they happen. There are supposed to be 3 or 4 sutures to keep it from falling out of my arm. I had only 3, so now I have only 2. I sure don’t want it to fall out because it was a bear to get in there!

Tomorrow is going to be my big rest day. I did pretty good resting today, but I’m going to do even better tomorrow, I hope. I’ve got to be really careful with my arm. My neuropathy is doing better. I don’t have any pains in my ankles or wrists. I feel the tingly feeling all the way up my fingers, but not so much in my hands. I feel it in my toes and on the outside of the soles of my feet and around the bottom of my heels. My toes and fingers feel like they’ve been smashed in a door, but they still work clumsily. I only have 3 more Taxol treatments, so I think we can make it through this. I think after the Taxol the next chemo won’t contribute to the neuropathy.

The pictures on the blog today show me in my white on pink hats. The norm is to wear 3 hats. That does a good job of keeping my head warm and I can always pull them off if I have a hot flash.

I’m headed to bed soon. Don is watching another game, but I’ve had all the fun I can have today. I’m over quota. God is telling me it’s time to go to bed. God is so good to us; He’s my best bedfellow. He takes care of us in every way and I give Him all the praise, glory and thanks! Just think; He’s seen us through ¾ of these Taxol treatments and I’m still doing very well, and the tumor has shrunken to where the doctor can’t even feel it! I’m so pleased and thankful! The last ¼ will go quickly and then we’ll plunge into the FAC phase of chemo. He’ll take care of us then, too. Thanks for keeping up with us; God bless you all!


2 comments:

  1. Sissy, I think you look so cute in the pink...it's your best color. Honeyman is so good to let you rest. I wish I had beenthere to take his place with canasta....maybe one of these days. Take care of you. I love you. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sis! Girl, you come right on up and we'll play canasta! We've always got an extra person to make up a pair!

    I hope you're feeling better!

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete