Saturday, September 29, 2007

A wonderful visit from Jane!



I don’t think I’ve done a thing that was constructive today. I woke up saying, “Ouch.” It’s funny how this neuropathy works. Some days are much easier than others. Today was an “Ouch” day. It’s good I didn’t have any plans or anything that had to be done. It feels strange to be deciding what to wear by whether there are buttons or not. It’s a good lesson to me about folks who have arthritis issues! I’m starting to like Velcro better and better!

I’ve done lots of research on the Internet today, so that was good. I guess I needed to take the time to do that. I learned that the reconstruction I was considering (TRAM-flap) couldn’t be done at the same time as my mastectomies because I have to have radiation. That’s okay. It’s simply another clue. I’m not bent out of shape about having reconstruction. I’m okay with being flat chested; I was flat chested until I was 13 and it was a good life. There are lots of things we want to do with our lives next spring, summer and fall besides reconstruction. I figure if I go through all we want to do without boobs, then why would I ever need to have any later? We’ll just see how it all works, but it was good for me to have the time for research today. Maybe after doing the things we want to do flat chested I’ll know that I really want to go through the reconstruction! I trust God to give me the signals I need to determine what I should do. So far I’ve had good signals that I need chemo, surgery and radiation, so I’m happy to do those.

I must tell you: Sidney continues to do better and better! PTL! Thanks for your prayers!

On the blog tonight:

1) Don showing his disgust at the windmill weeds.
2) The windmill weeds gathered by our dumpster in the alley.
3) Our wonderful guest, Jane, David Rule’s sister. David had a gob of company at his house this weekend, so we were honored to have Jane stay with us. It was their high school reunion weekend and David’s son was also visiting. What an honor for us to have Jane stay with us! (She’s a breast cancer survivor, so I love comparing notes with her, but mostly she’s so much like David that it thrills us to get to know her better!)

Our lives are so rich with blessings. Count and give thanks with us! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What two precious looking women! I know you are having a good time with Jane and comparing notes. I'm glad you could open up your home to her as she visits Dorothy and David. You are right...you can see about that reconstruction down the road and God will lead you in the right direction as he's done to this
    point. Phil will be glad you can sympathize with buttons being a pain (they are to me too! I've threatened to put velcro under every button and over every hole...or better yet buy buttonless clothes!) Just think; only one more treatment and this phase will be behind you! Then it's on to the next and before you know it will all be history, and we are so thankful you've shared it with all of us!

    love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane is such a dear; she's so much like her brother, David! It was really a joy to have her even though we didn't see her that much. It just warmed our hearts to know she was here.

    The reconstruction deal is no big deal. You're right. It'll be nice when this is all history. It was fun to talk to Jane and she could speak of 12 years ago and not even remembering lots of details. I'll be glad to see that day, except all our kids will be so big. I don't want to rush through their 'little' days.

    Love you,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete