Saturday, September 1, 2007

Such family fun!



Oh, man, we got so many pictures today; it’s hard to pick 3 to put onto the blog. You’ll see that I’m having a great holiday weekend! The first one is me holding Raynie with Mason beside me. This isn’t the best picture of Raynie; I can’t get her eyes right, but it was a fun time for us, even if her eyes are glowing. That hat is the one that Ruthie brought for me.

The second one is Nate feeding Raynie. I love catching him; he’s not as eager to be in front of the camera as the younger kids. I can’t believe he’s so big and still growing!

The third one is later in the day with me holding Raynie as Mason helps. This baby is never unattended. She makes a sound and we all pounce to get her.

I wish I could tell you all we’ve done today. It’s been so much fun. Don took Sadie, Mason and Grace to Exploration Station this morning. Rob and the big boys were hunting from 4:30 until noon. This afternoon Nate and Sadie and I played Canasta, but we haven’t finished the game yet. We’ll finish tomorrow afternoon. Gabe and Mason went to the other park and caught two bullfrogs. I’ll have to get their picture tomorrow if they survive the night. Sadie took Mason and Grace to the other park this afternoon, too. It’s been a full day! I got a wee nap in sometime this morning, but I’m ready for bed!

Grace is so impressed that I have no hair! Joan came over to see them and when she walked in, Grace said, “Grammy doesn’t have any hair!” Joan, said, “I know,” and Grace said, “Do you want to SEE it?” It’s so cute. She always follows with, “Hair grows back.” She cut hers last winter, so she knows. I also think it’s a comfort to her to know that I won’t always look like this. HA! Nate is so sweet, he says, “You still look good, Grammy.” That’s pretty cool coming from a 15 year old.

I’m up to about 6 million on blessings! God is great and I thank Him! Lots more pictures coming in the days to come!


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! I've been so starved for Oglesby pictures! I'm SO VERY GLAD to see them! :) Raynie is SO precious and I can't wait to meet her! Hug all the kids and Rob and Tricia for me! I love you all!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always looked good GRAMMY! And this comes from an old 61 year old Geezer!

    Love,

    Gene...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jilly! I'll send you all we took yesterday, so you don't have to wait for me to put them out 3 at a time on the blog. We're really having such fun!

    You won't believe it when you meet Raynie; she's a precious little dolly. She's just like all the other Oglesbys have been. I can't believe how much alike they are. Gabe says Rob and Trish are cloning Sadie because Grace and Raynie are so much like her. Raynie is a lot like Mason, too, though. It's just amazing what God does!

    We sure miss you; it would be so much fun if you could be here, too. They all send hugs back!

    Love and miss you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gene, it feels good coming from a 61 year old Geezer, too! You must be the southern gentleman that you sound like on the phone. Thanks so much for your phone call yesterday.

    I still haven't gotten your email. I sent you another one and niether has been returned; I wonder where our emails are going!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jo, Well, I thought I would wait about sending a comment until things kinda slowed down. But just gotta send it now!! That was such a great idea you had to introduce everyone by pictures. I have always had a vivid imagination and I just placed everyone in my mind who is who!ha I was right about most of them I actuallly feel like I know all your Family and Friends on the Blog. I don't have to personally know one to Love them! So all seem like Family to me. We had a Webb reunion yesterday afternoon. Frazier is the 3rd of 7 children and one Sister passed away 2 or 3 years ago. There were 5 of them and their families there yesterday. The younges of the seven likes in Merriville, Indiana and her Husband's Sister is at the point of death so they didn't come. I told Frazier how Thankful we could be that many could still get together and have fun, all of them in the late 60's and 70's!
    I am so happy Gretta, Rob and family could be with you all and all have a great reunion too. They all are just like you and Don, all beautiful!!! Keep taking care and Thanks for pictures and Updates. We sure do enjoy them.
    God is so Good. He Blesses us with all our Friends and especially Ruthie and Phil! They are the Greatest!!!
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Dot! I just found this post! I'm glad I didn't miss it!

    It's wonderful that you and Frazier could have such a great reunion. We find that we appreciate family more and more as years pass.

    Trish and Rob were here with the kids, but Gretta couldn't be here. She's the one who lives in Louisville. She was here in spirit, though. We missed her so much. We found out today that she had an asthma attack and had to spend Saturday night in the hospital! Her baby, Elena, got to stay in the hospital with her. Her son, Garrett, stayed with their neighbors, who are like adopted grandparentst to him. Her husband is a horse trainer and is in New York with the horses right now. (What a life they have!) She said she's doing okay, but we always are concerned about her breathing traumas. I sure wish they could move back out west where the air is dryier. I think it would so help her breathing, plus she'd be closer to home.

    Take care, and know that we keep you in our minds and prayers.

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete