Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Floorboard it!




Okay, I talked to Ruthie today and she’s had a pretty good day. She’ll see her MS doctor tomorrow and hopefully will learn more. She did get to go home last night and sleep in her own bed. That’s worth a lot.

My Houston doctor’s nurse called me back today and she is NOT in favor of cutting back on the Taxol dose at all. She wants me to increase the medication I’m taking for the neuropathy each week. In other words, she, like me, wants to floor board it with the attack on the cancer. Okay. I’m with her. I hope my doctor in Lawton agrees on Thursday.

I think the medication I’m taking for the neuropathy is what is making me so sleepy. Duh; drowsiness is one of it’s main side effects. I’d needed naps before, but this two-hour deal was new. I didn’t think about the medication because I’d napped before. Anyway, I don’t have any trains to catch so a 2-hour nap isn’t a sin.

I called a girl to come and help me with cleaning the house today. She will come a week from tomorrow and she’ll come every other week after that. That’ll be good. I’ve got a week to get ready for her to come, now. Ha! You know, I have to get the house all cleaned! No, I won’t do that. I will make a list of things I want her to do; tools I want her to use, etc. I hope we can work out a good relationship. Mostly I want to be able to ignore her and let her do it. If I’m not able to do that then it won’t help to have her do it. This is a big step for me.

Pictures on the blog today:

1) Me standing on one of my birthday presents over the years: a bridge I had to have. I’m wearing my Boise hat; it’s one of my favorites, like Boise is one of my favorite places. It’s one of our country’s best-kept secrets.
2) Gabe and Garrett this summer at our family reunion. They are the coolest dudes; such good buddies and cousins.
3) Gabe and Garrett with an arm each around Sadie as they take off in the rumbles seat of Uncle Phil’s roadster.

If I’m going to floorboard it anywhere I’ve got an army of great kids covering my back. They keep me motivated. Of course lots of grown up family and friends back me all the way, too. Better than all that I know that God is holding me in His hands. I trust Him and love all the support He sends. He’s got you covered, too! How cool is that! God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jo, tell me how to make a long story short!! I could write a book!! I keep telling myself, keep it short. So I will try!! Thanks for all the sweet things you said about us. Wish we were worthy of it. The red spot on my forehead looks terrible. It is just a dry scaly spot and nothing helps. It gets better at times. Now the third picture of us, Honestly I didn't recognize us!! Frazier lives in his overalls. and I guess that is the way he looks like himself.
    I didn't send a comment for awhile, wondering if you knew about Ruthie. Bless their hearts, they wouldn't want you to worry but you seem to handle well everthing that comes your way. You remind me of Paul, the Apostle! Just keep doing the things you are and keep the attitude you have! You have the best one available!! Thank you again. To all your Frinds and Family, I say, I love you all and glad to meet you even if on the Blog!!
    With Love and Prayers GOD IS SO GOOD AND HE ANSWERS PRAYERS!
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dot if you'd kept it any shorter we would have missed something! You don't have to keep it short. Say whatever you feel inclined to say; God is leading you and you encourage me!

    I figured when I wasn't hearing from you or Ruthie that something was wrong somewhere. I couldn't do anything about it, so I just turned it over to God. He's handling a lot for me these days! Always; I just realize it better these days.

    I thank Him for sending people like you to be in our lives and I'm so happy to introduce you to my world of friends and family. Don't worry a bit about that spot; it' s a bit of you!

    Thank you for the complement of reminding you of Paul! I'll do my best to live up to that one!

    Thanks for your love and prayers,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Jo,

    It always makes me feel good to hear your encouraging words. During college, I came extremely close to attending a Lutheran Seminary. Maybe that would have put me closer but I am a firm believer in prayer so, “Let’s Floorboard it!!!

    As always, love,

    Gene…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gene,

    Amen, Brother; Let's roll!

    Hugs,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete