Friday, November 30, 2007

Scarves are out, too.


If you don’t always read the comments, by all means read the comments from yesterday. Trish said the sweetest thing in response to my frustration over looking so tired. She is certainly the perfect lady to be the mom of 6 kids. She should be MY mom; she sure sets me straight, sometimes. I love her!

Today has been a good day. I got some detailed paperwork done, so I feel accomplished. I hate details, so it feels so good to have won over the details!

I did the wig thing yesterday, so I never have to go to the wig chore, again. Today I put on a scarf and had Don take a picture, so I never have to go to the scarf chore again. I have some scarves that I love, but they just aren’t me. I had the scarf on, but it wasn’t warm enough, so I stuffed the hat you see in the picture on top of it. We hadn’t gotten around to pictures, yet, but I started sweating with a hot flash, so I asked Don to hurry and take my picture so I could peel off the layers. It was so funny! When I took off the hat, the scarf came all undone! That’s how wearing a scarf would be. I’d have a hot flash and the scarf would come undone when I took it off. Scarves won’t work for me. Scarves are for someone with elegance or some special touch. I’m good with hats I can stuff and cram. No way a scarf would keep me warm, anyway.

I should get my last treatment on January 7th. I figure my hair will start growing back around the middle of February. My hair used to grow about ¼ inch per month, so by June I should have nearly an inch of hair. That’s plenty of hair for me! I’ll be so excited to have hair, again and I can go back to visors at the ballgames and pass all my hats, scarves and wigs on to someone else who is bald. I’ll love the graduation back to hair!

Thanks for letting me be me. If I wasn’t freezing, I’d be so glad to be bald. I am claustrophobic, but freezing overcomes the claustrophobia. I sleep at night and nap with the covers over my head with just a gap for my nose to breath. I could never have done that before this freezing experience. God has a way of teaching us what He wants us to know and shows us strengths we had no idea we had. I thank Him for all I’m learning. Mostly I thank Him for revealing the love of so many people; what a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment