Friday, October 9, 2009

Flannel sheet weather.


This picture is one I took the last day we were touring around Kona before we left Hawaii in August. This is looking down toward one of the beaches at the lava with lots of crabs on it. I love these crabs. They're the same color as the lava, so I don't readily see them, until the lava appears to move and I realize it's the crabs moving. I get a kick out of watching them, but it's nothing as great as watching whales; we're really looking forward to watching the whales on this next trip.

Today we got the floors done, so we were ready when company came to play cards. The women won the first 2 out of 3 games; then we played one more hand and the guys won that hand, so it was good competition and fun fellowship.

This weather is really strange for us. It's cool enough to make us glad that we're not going to be here for winter. We've turned into real wimps about weather, I think. I gave up on our regular sheets and put the flannel sheets on the bed today.

It's been a week since our hypnotherapy and I finally weighed a pound less today. I thank God for that bit of encouragement. I think this may just really work. Will I ever be glad to be the right size!

My heel is still very sore. I really messed up when I let that blister break and get so sore. I won't be wearing shoes with a heel for a while. I will get back to walking on Sunday, though; I may have to walk in Crocks, but I'll walk. I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment