Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rehab is tough for Floyd.


Here is the promised picture of Elise. This was taken during spring break last year at Branson Landing. That's her brothers, Kyle and Ethan behind her. We have a trip planned for the end of this month to go to see them as we make a loop through Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. Woohoo!

Today I spent going to Lawton with Joan to check on Floyd. They moved Floyd to rehab today. We got there in time for his evaluation, and, was it a learning experience for me! I really thought that the worst was the pain he would have until he could get his surgery and then immediately after the surgery. Was I ever wrong! They made him sit up on the edge of the bed today and I thought he'd never make it. Then he had to stand at the walker beside the bed. That was so hard for him. I was in agony just watching and I know he was really overwhelmed at the difficulty. He is so weak and tired, plus there is the pain. I want to cry every time I think of it. Please pray for him to have the strength to overcome this broken hip and the repair. I know he can do it, but it is sure going to be a hard two weeks for him. They estimated he'd be there for two weeks and maybe three. God will help if we ask Him; He is so good to us.

I feel great and sure thank God for all He has done for me. This is breast cancer awareness month. There is so much out there of which we need to be aware; I wonder is there a broken hip awareness month? I know I sure never want to break a hip! If I do, I want to be in great shape. Here I go back to the exercises, but never any more jogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment