Thursday, October 22, 2009

Healing more each day.

(This picture was supposed to be here before, but the blog posted without it. The Internet service here is so cranky. Sorry if this frustrated you; just imagine how it frustrated me! But, alas, it's here and all is well. Happy and safe traveling is the goal for tomorrow. We're ready and I'm off to bed now that this picture is where it belongs.)
Here's another picture from the road trip, yesterday. I should have had the camera with me as we drove around Branson today, but I didn't. The trees here are absolutely gorgeous. We're so blessed to get to make this trip at this time of year. We always come here in the winter and spring, so this colorful fall visit is a real treat.

The Internet service here is just weird, so I have to hurry to post this. We're leaving at 6:30 in the morning to go to Gretta's in Lexington, KY, so I need to get busy getting things ready to load in the morning, too.

My sister wrote and asked me to not take pictures as I drive. Ha! I wont' be driving much tomorrow and I'll be ready to take pictures while DON is driving. I did take these pictures yesterday, but I don't put the camera up to my eye or anything; you know, just point and click. It's a quick one hand move, easier than adjusting the radio. Everyone relax, but thanks for your concern.

Maybe you'll be as glad as I am that my scabs are all falling off my face. I only have one remaining and it's only what's left after the big ugly one fell off. The bruises are fading, which is really ugly, because there is lots of yellow there, now. But, FADING is good. I slept last night without a bandage on my knee for the first time and went all day without one. That's great because it's drying, now, so it can heal better. It's all really sore, still, but I can get around and people have really been so nice to me. It's kind of funny how they look at me; they've got to be wondering what happened to me. I need a t-shirt that says "I fell; I'm not dizzy or sick, just clumsy." I've fallen a LOT over my lifetime. I just fell on my FACE this time, so it's so obvious to everyone. Anyway, I thank God that I can move and HEAL!

We're so excited that tomorrow we get to see Gretta and family! Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip to all your special visits. Give Gretta and family a big hug from me! Wish you could come on to WV. I have high speed Internet now so I'll be able to download your pictures much faster--YEA! When I learn how to use everything, I'll email my new address. Will be checking on your traveling "tales"--have fun and be safe. God Bless! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, we DID have a wonderful visit. I managed to get overloaded on allergies and ended up with bronchitis, so I'm on my 6 weeks coughing spell. Ha! It sure could have been lots worse, though. At least I know how to cope with this coughing.

    Now, you're on the road to see Rene and the girls, aren't you? You be safe and have a wonderful time!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete