Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sore heel.


This picture is Elena and her daddy, Joe, with their new kitty, Elena's pride and joy. So far the kitty doesn't have a name, so I call her Scamp; they'll set us straight when we get there in a couple of weeks for a visit. I can hardly wait to see everyone on this trip back east. We look at this picture and realize how much she looks like Gretta did as a little girl. She looks so much like Joe that it makes me forget that she is so much like Gretta.

Today was another cool day, here, and it misted on me as I walked. It's supposed to rain tomorrow (real rain), so I'll be walking on the treadmill. (Don walked on the treadmill today.) Also, I wore the wrong shoes today and wore a blister on one of my heels. Man, I go from one problem to another. I can walk on the treadmill in crocks and it will give my heel a chance to heal. My feet feel like they have no pads on the bottom (Arimidex side effect: painful feet and ankles.), so I was wearing shoes with better soles, to see if they would help. They DID feel better on the bottom of my feet, but by the time I realized they were wearing a blister on one of my hees, it was too late and I was still a couple of blocks from home. So that heel looks like hamburger. (Eyes rolling) My feet have never liked shoes. Just when I get a pair that works great, the company quits making them. So, I wear them completely out and then struggle until I find another pair that will work. My one pair that fits so well is all together with Shoo Goo. I really need to find a pair that will work before we go back to Hawaii and hike a lot. So, that's my dilemma today.

Otherwise, all is good with me. Floyd is doing much better today, too. Bless his heart, he told Joan today, "I think this old man just might make it." I still know I never want to have a broken hip, so I'm determined to keep these bones strong. I thank God for Floyd's fighting spirit, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment