Saturday, October 3, 2009

A new preacher on our street.


This is a picture I took the last day we were touring around Kona, the day we left Hawaii the last time. One of the beaches where we went there is a parking lot and on one side of the parking lot is the beach and on the other side is a walking track with lots of gardens all around it. Different organizations are responsible for each little area. Within it was this feral cat community. I thought it was pretty cool, so I took the picture. There were no cats at home right then, though. We had seen some others on the island, but this one was too cute, I thought.

Sometime last week I got all our herbs ordered and most of them arrived today. That kept me busy getting them all checked and sorted for storage until I can get them 'thrown.' That's a big job ahead of me, but my goal is to do a couple of weeks each week, so that I slowly get a bunch done in advance to take with us the next time we go to Hawaii.

We also went to some yard sales in town today. My greatest find was some green glass bottles for storing my colloidal silver water. It has been really cool today, so when I walked I wore jeans and a sweatshirt; that's a first for this year. Don was watching football, so he didn't go with me. On my way down the street I met the new 1st Christian Church preacher and his wife and their son. They were just moving some things into the house. The preacher has been here two weeks, but his wife and the kids are still in their house in Waxahatchie, TX and they're just here for the weekend. Jordan is 8 and he went with me on my walk, so I had good company after all. I thank God for another good family for our community and neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment