Monday, October 19, 2009

healing.

Tonight's picture is one of the same chameleon that I had on here last night. This is from a different angle so you can see how big he makes his throat. Notice that he looks greener in this picture.

Now, to the health report. I'm doing way better than I deserve. I DID NOT WALK today. I'm going to work out a while on the power plate. That will do for a while. When we get back from our trip back east I should be ready to walk, again. Maybe we'll get to walk some while we're gone, but I doubt if we'll have much opportunity to walk. All my skinned places are healing pretty well. My hands bother me the most because I can'tdo anything without them hurting. It's nothing compared to what many people cope with every day with arthritis, so I give thanks that this will heal. It's way better than when I had neuropathy from the chemo and couldn't even feel if I was holding something or not. My mouth is sore and swollen, but it mostly looks like I had botox put in my bottom lip and then spilled catsup down my chin. That will heal, too, and I can brush my teeth and eat enough to keep me going, so I really have no complaints. I am so blessed. I know that God is sending me some message, so I'm seriously working to read it. So far, I'm thinking I'm not supposed to walk by myself. I think, surely, the walking is a good thing to do. It could be that I should be using the cane for balance instead of raising cane with it. Anyway, I'm healing well. I'm so glad I can take a bath and do everything I need to do to get ready to make our trip back east. I can hardly wait to see everyone.

I talked to Floyd tonight and he is in the apartment at the rehab. They have a little studio size apartment to let him see if he can live on his own for a couple of days before they send him home. He's doing well, so far. If he continues to do well, they'll send him home on Thursday. Joan has his house all ready for him; she's been really good to him. Some adjustments had to be made, like removing shower doors, etc., and she's had all that done already. She cleaned his house, did his laundry and put on clean sheets to receive him. Thank God for sisters, huh? (And, so much more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment