Saturday, October 10, 2009


This picture is of Floyd at Tricia's house 4 years ago! Look at Sadie; she was 8 and this was before we even thought about Raynie or Elena! Precious memories, huh? Well, Joan and I went to see Floyd today and he looked really good. Bless his heart; he is having to work so very hard! I guess some of you may have been through some kind of rehab to have to regain strength and use of your legs, but I have never been there. I respect him so much for his tremendous effort. It is not the least bit easy for him, but he's really working to get better and he's getting there. I thank God for his recovery and his spunk. Bless his heart, he nearly cried when we walked into his therapy session. I never dreamed he'd be so glad to see us. Then later we were visiting with him before he ate and he said he felt like he'd been dropped off all alone at boot camp and they were really working him. He almost broke down and cried then, too. I was really touched that he is so tender-hearted and so tough at the same time.

I was looking back through years of pictures, looking for a picture of Floyd, and stumbled through a bunch Don took of me over the last couple of years. Man; it's a good thing we took those pictures. I would never remember looking so sick. I don't remember feeling all that bad. Maybe God is giving me selective memory. I am so grateful that He pulled me through the last two years, though. I am reminded that I really feel so good and I sure thank Him for that. I sure thank all of you who have read this blog all this time, too. You must have been horrified when you saw some of the pictures! Of course, surely you know that I posted the best of whatever pictures I had, too. You ought to see the really ragged ones! I ran across the final day of hair; the day I shaved off the last straggling hairs. YIKES! All those sores on my head, but I just remember how good it felt to get rid of that hair that kept falling on everything. And my head itched, so it was lots more comfortable to shave what was left. You'd think I would have gotten skinny through all that, but God kept me plenty plump. I think skinny would have been really scary.

Okay, enough of the memories. What matters is that I'm doing great. Floyd is doing great. And, you are still here reading. How blessed I am to have people who care, great health, and so many other blessings. I thank you and I thank God. In all the other pictures, of course, I ran across the new birth pictures of Elena and Raynie. Wow! What two precious additions to our family in the last couple of years! And all the other kids have grown so much; they are all so wonderful. I thank God and thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment