Monday, October 12, 2009

Whale tail; a preview to the winter water!


The picture today is one I took of a whale tail in one of the little gardens at a beach in Kona the last day we were touring while we waited for our plane to bring us back to the mainland. We're so looking forward to seeing lots of these whale tails this winter, only real whale tails!

Today has been really cool inside and outside. Our new heater wasn't keeping up and it was 66 inside the house. They came back and checked it and gave it a temporary fix, but they've ordered a new part for it. I'll be more comfortable if we can get it up to 72 in here. I've been content wearing sweats, but we paid enough for that furnace that it should be way comfortable in here!

I did my walk by myself, again. Don doesn't like cold weather at all, so he walked on the treadmill. It wasn't windy, so I didn't mind it being 56 outside. That's nice walking weather in my book. It's cool enough to make me so glad that we're spending the winter in Hawaii, though. I sure thank God that I can do the walking; I know so many people who really couldn't make it around the lake once and I make three trips around the lake, so I'm pleased and grateful.

All the rest of the day I've been packaging herbs and vitamins. I want to get them done to take us through March, so I won't have to do them for a while after we get home from Hawaii. After we get home from Hawaii we'll make a trip to Branson for spring break with some of the kids and then we'll hustle down to Houston for my check up. We've got to have herbs and vitamins for all that time, so I'm busy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment