Monday, October 5, 2009

Sweet Elise is 10!


Yesterday was our granddaughter, Elise's, 10th birthday. She is such a precious young lady; we can't believe she is into double digits already, but she is very grown up for sure. tomorrow I will post a picture of her.

It was another misty day, here, so I'm still recalling our 'volcano day' in Hawaii. This picture is of the 'new' eruption within the crater, with a rainbow that looks like it ends in the eruption. Actually, if you look close it looks like it ends right there in front of my camera! As I recall that day, I was nearly freezing. We had stopped on the way and gathered sea glass and the water splashed on us, so we were damp to the bone. Then it drizzled all day and I couldn't get warm. I had a pair of long pants with me, but I didn't want to go into the public restroom because they'd drag the floor. We were sitting in the rental car, waiting for it to get dark because after dark you can see the glow coming from this new eruption. Steve and Don were in the front seat and Mary and I were shivering in the back seat. Steve said, "Just change them in the car; we won't look." So, I said, "Okay," and proceeded to change my pants. About that time Steve saw some bird and said, "LOOK!" I could have clobbered him, but I love him, so I settled to rolling my eyes and chalking it up to another great memory of fun times. I did get my long pants on and that helped a lot to warm me.

Today did remind me of that fun day. I wasn't freezing, but it was cool as I walked around the park. Don opted not to go because of the mist. I got to see a red bellied woodpecker and the great blue heron at the park, besides the usual white geese and some Canadian geese.

We worked out our schedule today for a trip later this month to see Gina and Gretta in Indiana and Kentucky and then on down to see Tom and Linda and Ruthie and Phil in Tennessee. It'll be a fun time to get to visit all these people. I thank God for the opportunity to go see all of them. We'll work in some others along the way, too. Woohoo!

In case you wonder about our hypnotherapy for weight loss, you can check out the following link:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/littleton/news/business/x1662360004/Smoking-cessation-weight-loss-thru-hypnosis

No comments:

Post a Comment