Sunday, October 11, 2009


This is a picture of one of the beaches we explored on our last day on the Big Island back in August. The next time we go there we'll be watching for whales out there in that beautiful water. Woo hoo! With the cool weather we're having here, it reminds me to be so grateful that we get to spend the winter in Hawaii instead of here!

Today was a great day. We had two wonderful sermons and a fellowship meal between them. Then I came home and walked my whole 3 times around the park. Don watched football, so I was on my own for the walking. I walked in Crocs, so my heel is healing little by little. It's lots better, but it's still the worst blister I've ever had. It's just different living over the hill. Ha!

We miss our great friend and preacher, Bill, and his wife, Olya, and their girls, but we sure did get a dandy of a preacher this time. I don't know how we could be so blessed, but I sure thank God for sending Josh our way. He has a wonderful wife and 3 kids, who are wonderful, too. I am amazed that we could get such a great family to come to this little town. We're especially blessed that Bill and Olya only moved to Altus, about 30 miles from here, so we get to see them from time to time, too.

I talked to Floyd on the phone today and he's really doing well. I'm so proud of him and his improvement. I hope to get pictures when we go to see him Tuesday. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment