Friday, October 2, 2009

On my way to slim.


This picture is one taken on September 20th when we were hiking in the 40 foot hole. I don't have a picture from today, so this is how I'm feeling today. We had a great day that day. The weather has been so beautiful and today would have been a good day to hike but we had other things we needed to do.

We caught up on our walking today since we took the last couple of days off to go be with Floyd. I talked to Floyd on the phone today and he continues to do very well. They didn't get him up to walk him today because he punched his morphine button too much this morning and had himself totally doped. He was doing much better this afternoon, though, when I talked to him. They intend to get him up on his feet tomorrow and move him to rehab on Sunday. I thank God for his recovery.

Don continued to jog today, but he just had to wait on me because I refused to jog. I did speed up my walking a bit. It was enough to make my heart and breathing pick up speed, but I could tell where the stress was too much on my knees, so I didn't go much faster and I absolutely wouldn't jog. If there is a tornado, I know that I CAN run to save my life or someone else's, but I also know that my knees and back will be very unhappy about it. I'll pay that price to save a life, but not just to say I did it. So, we walked and sunned. I need to do some work in the yard, so maybe I'll get that done soon.

Tomorrow I'm making gravy for the fellowship breakfast at church. I don't mind to do that at all. It just means we have to be there a little early, but that's okay, too. It feels good to be able to participate on a helping level.

We went to a hypnotherapy session for weight loss and to stop smoking tonight. I'm half way there because I don't smoke! Now, if I can just let the session work and eat what I need instead of what I want I'll be slim. It will be freeing to be slim. Plus cancer loves fat, so I so want to discourage it from homesteading in me! Plus, I'm so sure it will be good for my knees and my back to drop some excess weight. I'm asking God to help me. I think He took us to the session tonight, so He's already helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment