Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Now, bruises appear!


Okay, I had to put on a picture so you all won't worry so much about me. Also, all the folks we'll be seeing will be shocked if I don't give them this preview. I look a fright, but I'm really doing just fine. My first fall on Saturday was just because I wasn't paying attention to walking and was distracted by counting those geese. Then the fall on Sunday was just a 'regular' fall for me because I don't pick up my feet very well when I walk. Many times Don catches me, as I stub my toe a lot on the flat road in front of me. It's not that I've been dizzy or anything. I just happened to fall two days in a row. I needed it to get the message that I really shouldn't walk alone. I got the message; now I only have to heal. Those bruises are going to be so lovely on my passport picture, which I need to have made while we're in Branson tomorrow or Thursday. I was shocked to see those bruises when I got up this morning. They keep getting darker; I hope they fade before I get to Winchester to see people I knew there 45 years ago. There is also a bruise on my left shoulder. I guess I fell pretty hard. I'm almost glad to see the bruises, because it explains why it hurt so badly! If you click on the picture and make it huge you'll see that the tip of my nose is skinned, too. Those 'owies' on my hands are the most painful because they are really in my use area. I'm so blessed to still have all my teeth and no broken bones!

The car is mostly loaded, but I still have the last minute things to pack and load. We're leaving in the morning, early, so I'd better go get the last stuff done, get a bath and get to bed. I'll find a way to post tomorrow night from Branson. I'm praying for a safe trip and looking forward to starting the trip off with getting to see Trish and Raynie in the morning as we go through OKC. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment