Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Gina!


Tonight's picture is Gina, holding Grace, with Sadie climbing on the ladder. This was taken 3 years ago when we were all at Gretta's house in Louisville. Since then Gretta has moved to Lexington and Sadie and Grace have gotten 3 years bigger, from 9 to 12 and 3 to 6. Gina hasn't aged; she looks the same! Today is her birthday and we look forward to seeing her when we make our trip back east next week.

Today Don and I took Joan to Lawton to see Floyd, again. He's really doing well. We got pictures, and I'll post one of them on tomorrow's blog. They set a goal for him to go home around the middle of next week. He walked 82 feet today! They feel like it's good enough to go home if you can walk 50 feet. This is walking with a walker. He has, yet, to learn how to put on his shoes and socks. There are some tasks like that which he needs to perfect before they will send him home. They have an apartment there at the rehab facility and they will move him into it the first of next week to see if he can make it on his own before they release him to go home. We are so grateful for his strength and his progress. Thank you all for your prayers.

I didn't get time to walk today, but I'll walk tomorrow. I am compelled to walk every day, but I remind myself that I can take an off day from time to time as long as I walk most days. The doctor told me to do at least 20 minutes of weight bearing exercise a day. I do that around the house! The walking I do is a self imposed thing. I thank God that I CAN walk; a time visiting with Floyd sure reminds me of how blessed I am to be mobile on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment