Saturday, November 27, 2010

10 cent bargain!

This picture is one I got of Mason (10) and Raynie (3) playing with a toy I got at a yard sale for 10 cents. I don't know what it is, but it has a 'million' of these little plastic pegs that take on the shape of whatever you press into them. Mason is pressing his face into it, here. They had more fun with this toy! I only spent a dime for it, but I probably spent an hour and a couple of dollars cleaning it. It's a good thing I did because they seemed to like pressing their faces on it better than anything. We don't even know what it is; we call it the 'pink thing.'

Rob took us all to breakfast at the Kozy Diner this morning. That was a really nice treat after cooking for so many meals. After breakfast they came home and packed up and headed for home. They wanted to be home for tonight's OU-OSU Bedlam game. That is THE game in this state! (I'm 'watching it' over my shoulder as I type this. :)

We have lots of left overs from our Thanksgiving meals. I've already invited David and Dorothy to join us for leftovers after church tomorrow. They have a mutual friend visiting them, so she'll join us, too. We'll clean up all the left overs this week and meals will be easy for me. I thank God that we have plenty to eat. Actually, we work on eating less than we need, so that we can trim some of the fat off our bodies. We are richly blessed! We like to have an attitude of gratitude all the time, but we take so much for granted.

I was grateful for our plumber this weekend, because he worked on our bathrooms Monday, and our bathrooms worked great all weekend. We have two bathrooms that get so little use, but they are old, so it's common for something to break when we have the kids here using old stuff that doesn't get much use. I aim to use those other bathrooms sometime, just to keep them from getting 'rusty,' but I tend to go back to our bathroom most of the time. Most of all we were so thankful to have Trish and Rob and their kids here with us this weekend! It was wonderful that they were all healthy and even Megan, Nate's girlfriend could be here. Megan and Nate took Gabe home Thursday so he could go hunting and they had to work. Gabe got a buck yesterday and a doe today, so he's having a great season! I hope he'll get me a picture I can post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment