Friday, November 12, 2010

Remember walking dolls?

Tonight's picture is a walking doll! This is Elena, busily playing outside when we were there in September. She is absolutely a walking doll. I remember when I was six I wanted a 'walking doll' for Christmas. I don't remember the doll at all, but Elena is one of our walking dolls in real life. We have them ranging from age 3 to 19 in our 8 granddaughters. I thank God for our granddaughters; how blessed we are! Elena is 3.

It felt so good to get up this morning a pull out the packages of herbs and vitamins from my neatly FINISHED supply. I didn't get very far on my de-cluttering mission around here, but I did get started. I also got our bed changed, and got the flannel sheets on for the season. I'm going to get a nice warm bath and really enjoy going to bed tonight. I have my rice and corn buddies ready, too. (That is bags filled with rice or corn, which I heat in the microwave and then put them in the bed to warm it. The bed is warm when I get into it, and then they keep it warm all night. Don is very jealous of them because I always say, "I love these buddies.") I did put away lots of things (like suitcases) from our travels this fall. It's always hard for me to get everything back into order when we get home, so I'm slow with it. My goal is to get the house cleaned by Monday. I think Don will be watching football all weekend, so I can get most of it done. I'm headed to a nice warm bath right now.

2 comments:

  1. Elena is a beautiful doll, love her eyes! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda. I figured you'd see it like I do. Us grandmas tend to see it the same. They melt our hearts, don't they. Just think, you did that to some old folks over the years; that feels good, doesn't it? And, then there's that old guy you live with and you still melt him, too! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete