Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Procrastinated on the taxes.


Tonight's picture is one I took of Raynie a month ago when I was at their house helping to hold the fort after Trish had her tonsillectomy. She was on the front porch playing with their kitty and the next thing we knew she was asleep in the glider. I was reminded of this picture today when I was outside getting sun. (Trish is doing nearly all better; she can eat and talk, but her throat still feels sore and she's still building back her strength. It's hard for adults to have their tonsils removed; no doubt about that!

I haven't been outside to speak of in the last two weeks because I was so afraid of the allergens getting to me. Thankfully, I didn't have any problems with allergies today! Picture this: I was laying on the back deck with two corn buddies to keep me warm! The neighbors surely know that I'm crazy. I'm a real believer in Vitamin D, and I haven't had my share from the sunshine for a couple of weeks. (I take supplements, but the sunshine is the best Vitamin D.) I'm starting to really look pale, too, so I ventured out there. We even walked for a couple of miles! It was wonderful. I thought back to Raynie being so comfortable outside that she took a nap, so I was reminded of this sweet picture. We are blessed in Oklahoma to have nice warm days like today so much of the time. If the wind had been blowing today, I couldn't have enjoyed it, so it was nice to have a still day. I thank God for wonderful weather, right here at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment