Monday, November 29, 2010

Fun memories.


Tonight's picture is one of Nate and Megan bracing for Robert's attack. For some reason he was pouncing onto them. Tomorrow I'll post the picture after he landed. It was rowdy and it was fun! Nate and Megan are good sports! It's all great memories for us. The digital camera is a great thing to help me keep these memories. I have my screen saver set to go through my pictures, so I'm often reminded of all the great times, from home to Branson, Tennessee, Virginia, Texas and Hawaii. I love that little tool!

Today I've been doing busy stuff around here to get ready to leave for a while. I need to get the rest of the Christmas presents sent; I've delivered some, already, but there are more to get going. That's the big thing on my list right now. I've got to get us packed and that's tricky. We'll need all our bookwork for taxes, some exercise stuff, a few changes of clothing for winter and spring, workout clothes, hiking shoes, etc. The list is long and it's plenty of work to keep me busy this week. I love the traveling and I thank God for Joan to take care of the house while we're gone. It's in good shape to leave with a caretaker, so I'm in good shape there. She keeps the flower beds and yard in shape for us, but there won't be that much to do in the winter.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed where you are going next MJ...??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, we're headed to Missouri and Arkansas for the winter. We've got 6 weeks booked, but we're shooting from the hip for the others. I'll watch and see where we can get the cheapest weeks. We have lots of points saved from last year that we have to use or lose, but we want to get the most time possible out of them. One of the perks we have with our timeshares is the use of 'hot weeks,' which are last minute weeks for 3,000 points. If there isn't a week we want at the last minute we'll stay in Branson for 4,000 or 5,000 points depending on which place. We'll be staying around Branson most of the time, I expect. It's our winter comfort zone. I'll still be online most of the time, I hope. I get cranky when I can't get online. :)

    ReplyDelete