Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sadie in the hat.

This is another shot of Sadie in the hat. This hat made for some fun moments and memories.

Today was much better. I've worn my contacts all day. We started the day by going to the funeral of the brother of a friend at church. This guy was only 46 and he died of a rare form of cancer. It was a sobering service. It shook me into getting my priorities better into line! I let things get to me sometime and I need to do a better job of letting God have the control instead of acting like I think I can fix something, myself! I want to share a couple of thoughts from the funeral. If the speaker had asked for a show of hands for those who had prayed for this guy to be healed, everyone would have raised their hand. We felt like God answered, "No," because he died. But he was fully healed. We forget to realize that. Another point that was made is that Jesus prayed and asked God to let the cup pass from Him and God said, "No." He said "No," to Jesus so that we could all be saved. God knows the big picture and I need to always remember that. We see so little. While we're in the mode of taking back our country, it will be good to remember, "In God We Trust."

2 comments:

  1. Jo, you are so right...sometimes people say, "God didn't answer my prayer," oh, but He did...He said No, or wait, or maybe. We think we have the answers and are often afraid to put our trust in Him but faith will get us to where He wants us. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who wrote this, but I appreciate it. I identify with the "Faith will get us to where He wants us." I count on it!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete