Tuesday, November 9, 2010

100 days done for both of us!

Don took this picture tonight before I left for the ladies' salad supper at church. All the herb and vitamin throwing is wearing on me! I look tired and I am! I finished up the 100 days, though. I've started on another 80 days. That ought to be a good supply for the next 6 months, but it will take me a few days to finish. Then I'll be so glad to start on house work! This is a good plan to make me eager to do house work!

The speaker tonight read to us a piece written by a friend who used to live here. A few years ago he was trapped under some heavy equipment and they thought they would have to amputate his arm. He gave consent for the amputation. However, they were able to get the equipment off him and save his arm. When he woke up from surgery he was surprised to see his arm was still there! After 3 weeks of healing it was obvious that he would keep his arm but it would never work as well as it had before the accident. He said that in the last three weeks he had given more thanks for that bungled arm than he had given in all his 47 years for his two good arms! I know that guy and I can only imagine how he felt. We all take so much for granted instead of giving thanks! I am so grateful that I can throw these vitamins and herbs; that Don agrees with me that we need to take them; that we can afford them; that we have the room to house them; that I can run up and down the stairs to get refills when I finish up a bottle. This time 3 years ago I could barely make it down stairs to get out of the way of the housekeeper; I had no hair; I had no feeling in my fingers and my feet hurt; and I had cancer and couldn't get out amongst people because the chemo had my immune system so compromised. Today I'm tired from throwing herbs and vitamins for a few days. I got to go out with a group of ladies and enjoy a dinner and lesson. I'm cancer free and feel really good. I give God the glory and thank Him for giving me another chance at life. PTL!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to agree that you look a little tired in this picture but just a few days of all those vitamins/herbs and you will be feeling your old self again..hee, hee! If I took that many pills, I wouldn't have to eat all day which wouldn't be such a bad thing. Glad you are almost done...take it easy on that housework...it will always be there! Love ya, Donna PTL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I just saw that I never answered this. Thank you for celebrating with me when I got those herbs thrown. Whew! It's always such a chore to get then done, but it's great to be able to have them already done when we travel!

    I had to smile when you said on FB today that Brenna decorated the mantle and she is only 13. Rene and Brenna both reminded you that she is 14. It's so hard for me to keep details (like age) straight. I mean, the point was that she's not grown but she did a job as well as any grown up would have. One year is a big deal to her and Rene, though. A time will come that Brenna will forget someone's age and she'll remember when it mattered to her. Ah . . . things change, don't they! It made my day to have good company in my state of confusion! I know you'll have a wonderful time with the family there! Who cares how old anyone is? They're all alive and healthy! PTL!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete